New Lease on Life

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Apr 26, 2014.

1. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

I have always found that listening to recordings too soon is not always the best. If you are looking for critical comments on yourself, yes. It's fresh, you know what you were going for, etc.

Time has a way of sometimes softening the blow.

2. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    Goldwing out today

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I did the whole service on my fretless Jazz today. It really went well. I changed the strings to D'Addario halfrounds and I love it. They are normal heavy gauge, .105-.50, instead of .110-.55 like the las pair, and the extra treble really helps the bass sing.

4. SteveC

I'm still thinking I want a fretless but I'm not sure - as amazing as they are- that I am going to go Rosoce. Just can't afford two of those. I may look for a nice used MIM fretless to fill that void.

There were a couple times today where a fretless would have been nice.

5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    You could get a Carvin fretless or a G&L M-2500 fretless for $800-$1,500.

6. SteveC

Maybe. G&L necks are a little fat for me these days. Carvin is ok. Maybe Lakland.

7. I've been thinking about a fretless - maybe next year.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021