Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New LeFay bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by prockenklang, Dec 26, 2003.

1. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
    I just got a brand new LeFay 5-string bass from Germany!! Wenge top,ash back,paduak neck,w/ebony fingerboard. This thing is amazing!!! There are some pictures of it on their website. Go to www.lefay.de and click-on gallery.My bass is the Capone Classic 5-string.

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    *drool*

How does it sound? clips? :D

3. T. Brookins

T. Brookins Supporting Member

Those are, in my opinion, some of the most aesthetically pleasing basses in the world. How can I get one without having to know how to speak German? Wow! I am awestruck!

4. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
    Hey T.Brookins,
    e-mail me your phone number,I can help you get a LeFay if you are interested!

John

5. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    reiner (luthier and mastermind behind lefay) sent me a link to pictures of that bass! it's really stunning and i'd like to call it my own.

one question though: on one of the pictures the action seemed a bit high (unusual of lefays)... did my eyes deceive me or was it just photographed without "proper setup"?

6. Ilovepink

Ilovepink Banned

Nov 17, 2003
    California
    What the hell is with tha site!? I can't get anywhere.

7. prockenklang

prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    Monterey,Ca.
    Hi Chris,
    the bass played great right off the bat,but I set it up last night and it is really awesome now!!! I used it on a gig last night and couldn't believe the sound coming out of my Glockenklang rig! I own 20 different basses(Alembics,F-Basses,Human Bases,and several others),but none of them touch this Lefay,it is amazing!

John

8. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    yeah, reiner's basses are pretty amazing! i own a remington steel fretless and it absolutely kills!

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i'm still considering the possibility of a herr schwarz...that's still my fave lefay

10. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    stop "considering" and get the bass. :D

11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

GAS!!! :eek: I envy you!