1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NEW LES CLAYPOOL!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Les has a new album coming out soon, as well as a summer tour (I'll be seeing him in NYC in July!).
    My friend just sent me a link to Claypool's MySpace page (I didn't even know he had one) and you can listen to a song from the new album.
    The CD is under the artist title "Les Claypool", not Frog Brigade or any of his other bands, this is actually a solo album.
    I'm curious to see who's playing on the record, but I'm expecting a lot of familiar names (I think Skerik is on this song for example).
    Anyway, here's the link. The song is called 'One Better', let me know what you think of it.
    www.myspace.com/thereallesclaypool

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Not bad, I'm burnt out on Les, so, generally speaking, I'm probably not going to get this album. I like the cartoony surroundings, it sound very non traditional... I can tell you Skerik is on the album, that sax sound is easy to pick out. It's really good, but not different enough, Les sounds too Les sometimes. Less is more... and so on.

3. irjason

irjason In Memoriam

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
  4. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Cool, but not my thing.

5. Gomez

Gomez Live from the Shire

Apr 15, 2005
    I love it. Only heard the 1 minute clip primussucks.

I'm very curious, very cool line. He managed to surprise me again. Sounds more inspired than Antipop.