Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Limp Bizkit!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    So, is Sam Rivers officially using Wal now?

2. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    It looks like it. Check out that drawing Wes did on that guitar with a silver sharpie, that's awsome.

3. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    So when is the new album due? It'll be good to listen to Wes Borland again.

4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah it will, i'd guess around february or so?

5. WHAT?! Sam Rivers changed to Wal? TRAITOR!

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I'd heard that Wes Borland was back in the band. Apparently those guys decided to put aside their musical differences and concentrate on what's really important: making more money.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    :D

I've always wondered if they could become a respected member of the rock community if they just fired Durst.

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    BTW Benjamin Strange, what was your old TB user name?

9. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    When $3 was out they were, even with Significant Other. Chocolate Starfish was pitifull indeed. Their new one sucked too. But Wes is back, Ross Robinson is producing (he produced $3 bill) and they look a lot better as a band, should be really good.

10. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I've always said as a band they have an amzing sound but Durst and "dj lethal" really ruin it.

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    That doesn't mean the he's "officially" using Wals. Maybe a Wal had the sound that the producer was after for that particular song.

12. He's using a 5 string Warwick in some of the pics I've seen. I think they're also on the site, just futher down so to speak. The one with the LED's that he's used in the vids. The Wal is a 4 string so that might explain the Warwick, but you never know - he might just be searching to buy a 5 string Wal!

13. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    True, but the site's been updated like 5 times and only one of those times (the first) he was using the Warwick Chrome Tone Streamer. Who knows.

14. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    Does anybody know what flag that is? If you go through the pics until they loop again, you can see a flag with the hammer and sicle on it, but it has waves of white and blue on it.

But back to topic, I would listen to Limp Bizkit if it weren't for fatty Fred. He ruins the music. "$3 dollar bill y'all" was their best.

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The flag you are talking about is from Pink Floyd's "The Wall"

16. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I'd dig them. I think they're a great band with a really crappy frontman. They should get Chris Cornell.

I was Basstriaxis many moons ago, for those who would like to know.

17. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    We need to track down Peter McFerrin, so he will regrow his smug-tee once the new LB joint goes gold.

18. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Do you think Chris would suti them?Nah they arent "rock" enough.They are too different.Having said that I can't think of anyone!Speaking of Chris are Audioslave coming out with something soon?