1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Line 6 Bass Heads.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sound Chaser, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Yep. The preamps from the LowDown combos (which I like quite a bit from my limited experience) in rackmountable heads with either 400 or 750 watt power sections.

http://www.line6.com

No cabs announced yet, though.

2. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Does anyone use Line 6 amps that isn't in Meshuggah?

3. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    seems like it could be pretty usable. but prolly sounds like a$$, and imo not enuff power

4. i like mine...thinkin about get the 400 head

5. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Yeah, we shouldn't use amps that famous people don't use. Then we won't be cool.

6. Megadeth (or atleast Dave Mustaine) does.

7. These amps look horrible...

8. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Not a fan of Line 6 myself. I would rather have an amp that delivers one great sound than 100 below-average modeled sounds.

9. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    I just checked the Line6 site and they don't have any pics of the new amps posted yet! Have you seen pics yet?
    :confused:

10. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    I personally haven't been impressed by their bass amps

I own a Spider 2 212 for my guitar, which is amazing. They make really nice guitar amps.

11. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    No :(

They better make an 8X10, too. My main gripe with my pod is that no amp is really going to reproduce it correctly. If they made their own head with a big cab designed to accurately reproduce the modeled sound, I think it would be my next amp most likely.

12. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Not for very long; they all break within two weeks.

13. had mine for a year...rolled down some stairs still works fine

14. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    I have a Line6 Guitarport, Rifftracker, Gear Box Gold with all the add-ons and a Line6 Bass PodXt Live. The GuitarPort and Bass PodXt Live are more than two years old and never caused a problem.

15. I use a PodXT Live (for guitar), and I found that a good hi-fi bass rig will do a good job of reproducing the Pod output - very close to what I hear in my headphones.

I use a variety of Eden and Nemesis rigs to get the sound out.

16. AndyMan

AndyMan Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 17, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    http://myplaceproductionsllc.com/

So, you have you used Rifftracker with you bass? What were the results?

I am considering picking one up. What exactly do you need--a POD or the bass model packs?

Line 6 = excellent for recording, and practice. In my experince, live use is a little more tricky tone wise for bass.