1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Line 6 Looper

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Mar 13, 2008.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp

Combining exhilarating jam tracks with sound-on-sound looping and a full arsenal of legendary Line 6 tones, JM4™ Looper sparks inspiration in ways other looping pedals can only dream.

JM4 Looper features over 100 Endless Jam™ tracks and drum grooves in more than 10 styles performed by top LA and Nashville session players. These tracks aren’t rigid and robotic; these are actual recordings laid down by A-list drummers, bass players and guitarists. The real-world chemistry from these dynamic rhythm sections is here for you to explore your creativity in writing songs, trying out solo ideas or just honing your chops between gigs.

With up to 24 minutes of recording time, and storage for up to 100 recorded jams, JM4 Looper lets you capture all your riffs and musical ideas. Plus, store more jams, export your jams to your computer’s recording software and post jams online all through the SD card slot.

The looper has dedicated footswitches for Record/Overdub, Play/Stop, Half Speed and Undo for super-easy practicing, songwriting and creation of an entire backing band on the fly. Layer guitar tracks, bass tracks, keyboards—even vocals with the balanced XLR microphone input.

Complete with a comprehensive collection of brilliant modern and historic guitar tones, JM4 Looper gives you access to 200+ artist-created presets, 150+ song-based presets, 12 Line 6 amp models and a stunning array of effects for guitar and vocals. There’s even room for 36 presets of your own creation.

2. That's wicked that is, I'd love try some looping.

3. c_joseph_lier

c_joseph_lier

Aug 7, 2007
    Cool .. too bad it is geared towards gui****s only ... they would make a killing in the bass market ...

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I'm sure there is one in the works. That looks like a cool unit. I wonder what the price point is going to be?

5. c_joseph_lier

c_joseph_lier

Aug 7, 2007
    1 Million Dollars ... um .. sorry ... His Fazzer! ... What? ... Um, nevermind

6. that looks sweet!!!!!

7. idk, i've seen enough bare-minimum loopers on the market...I'd like to see some higher end loopers make an appearence!

8. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    an undo buttom!!! huzzzahhh! ...still wish the dl4 had one too though.

over 100 jam tracks but only 36 of your own presets? ....boo boo hiss!!!

9. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Meh. I think I'll stick with my RC-50.

Aside from practice, why would anyone want pre-recorded tracks on their loop station? I guess that's nice, but as a "song-writing tool"?

10. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Live backing tracks ala muse? My band use them and the manor in which we use them I wish I had this over what we do use :bawl:

11. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    but....gimmicks aside...as a looper ..how would this compare with say the rc-50...does anybody know??

12. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    It has about the same amount of stereo recording time as the RC-50, except with that you can switch to mono and double it. They have about the same number of savable presets (99 vs 100). The big difference is that the RC-50 has three separate loops, each with unlimited overdubs. They can be controlled in different ways (one at a time or multiple at the same time, tempo synced or not, etc). The Line6 is still just a single loop like the RC-20xl, RC-2, Jamman, Boomerang, etc.

Take away all of the icing and it's pretty much a Jamman with expanded controls. Why do you think the promo says 'jam' so many times? :D

13. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    I agree it's hardly revolutionary

14. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    ah...ok...... well i have the digi jamman and the rc-50..

and they are both great for what they are ...in fact the rc-50 is one hell of a machine .....im not really in the market for a line6 modeller grafted onto a jamman at the moment.:meh:

15. c_joseph_lier

c_joseph_lier

Aug 7, 2007
    the FAQ on this things reads very forced ...
    #1 - Can I use my bass
    Yes, you can use any instrument
    FACT: they only have guitar effects on it, so you would need a seperate unit to use ... again, in a live situation I am cool with that, but for jamming and writting? ... not so much ...

#2 - I do like how they have Simon Phillips and Gregg Bisonette and Tony Franklin, but, um, why spend all of that time for this, instead of improving this product ...
    I mean, we can already loop ... what do you have that is NEW and INTERESTING ...

#3 - I have seen the DL4 in use, so I know it's abilities, and this is just a suped up version ... so my responce is ... *Yawn!*

All in all, a waste of time for Line 6 ... thanx ... for nothing ....

16. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    y no usb.....

if someone makes a stereo looper with USB out capability I'd be in HEAVEN!!!!!

and that's USB RECORDING capability. I know the Jam Man has a usb out, but you cant RECORD from it :( :bawl:

17. glad to see you didn't give into selling all your pedals and going for rack gear

18. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    If you call me St. Peter, here's your pearly gates.

19. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Checking out the users manual now.....

Its not live recording like the POD. You can retrieve your loops and such, but not record them as you play.

Sorry dude, no St. Peter for u....

20. The EHX 2880 is stereo and has a USB out. I'm not sure what it does though.