1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New line of GK combos?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tupac, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    This is probably old, but the last time I was shopping for amps, GKs had silver grills. Now they seem to have totally redesigned (and for the better, those new ones are sexy!) their amps. What's new with this? Also, strangely, you can access their old site by adding .html instead of .com.

By the way, how's the MB112? I hear it has a built in DI, is that any good?

2. Mtnman

Mtnman

Jun 5, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I have the older series MB210 and absolutely love it for its tone and versatility. It only weighs 33lbs but packs a serious punch.

I chose the 210 because its the only combo in the series that you can add an extention cab to. Its 350 watts when you use it as a stand alone amp, but when you add an 8 ohm extention cab, it bumps it up to 500 watts.

As far as the DI goes (and I'm sure the 112 and 210 use the same one), I've used it on at least 50 gigs and never encountered any issues. It works as a DI should. The only small problem with it is how they oriented the jack. The release tang for the cable is pointed in a direction where you have to use a car key or pocket knife or other suitable tool to release it. As I understand, they've solved this problem with the MB II series.