Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new line of pickups for the budget-minded

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by telekaster, Jan 27, 2006.

1. telekaster

telekaster

Feb 14, 2005
    San Diego
    I thought I'd pass some info along about GFS pickups. First of all I have no affiliation with this company, but I did purchase one of their pickups for the neck position of my Telecaster - yet to be installed. $30 for a chrome covered humbucker is a steal! I have no idea how it sounds, but they get great reviews.

Anyway in an email from them, I was told that their bass pickups are coming in the Fall of '06. I know it's kind of a ways away, but if you're looking for cheap pickups for that #2 or #3 bass of yours, it might be worth the wait. They might be the ticket for hot-rodding an SX bass. Hopefully they will be as innovative with their bass pickups as they are with the guitar pickups. A lot of their designs are quite original!

http://store.guitarfetish.com/

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I don't see any bass pickups at that site.:confused:

3. telekaster

telekaster

Feb 14, 2005
    San Diego
    They're not coming out until Fall of '06. I know this is a premature post but I just thought I'd throw the info out there for anybody who may be the slightest bit interested. :)