1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

new line of pickups for the budget-minded

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by telekaster, Jan 27, 2006.

1. telekaster

telekaster

Feb 14, 2005
    San Diego
    I thought I'd pass some info along about GFS pickups. First of all I have no affiliation with this company, but I did purchase one of their pickups for the neck position of my Telecaster - yet to be installed. $30 for a chrome covered humbucker is a steal! I have no idea how it sounds, but they get great reviews.

Anyway in an email from them, I was told that their bass pickups are coming in the Fall of '06. I know it's kind of a ways away, but if you're looking for cheap pickups for that #2 or #3 bass of yours, it might be worth the wait. They might be the ticket for hot-rodding an SX bass. Hopefully they will be as innovative with their bass pickups as they are with the guitar pickups. A lot of their designs are quite original!

http://store.guitarfetish.com/

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I don't see any bass pickups at that site.:confused:

3. telekaster

telekaster

Feb 14, 2005
    San Diego
    They're not coming out until Fall of '06. I know this is a premature post but I just thought I'd throw the info out there for anybody who may be the slightest bit interested. :)