New live Dave Holland

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by jerry, Aug 26, 2003.

1. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hi guys.......I just wanted to come down here and give you guys a heads up on Dave Holland's new live C.D. 'Live at Birdland'. It's a double C.D. with great long solos from everybody.....this band kicks booty! Special mention goes to drummer Billy Kilson....he just explodes!!!

p.s.hi Marcus!!!
  2. Damn straight. He's a crazy mo fogger. Except for the marimba (which gets old) the entire band is just awsome all the time.
  3. ba$$88

ba$$88 Guest

Jun 13, 2004
    I'm relatively new to jazz. I play mainly classical upright stuff, but I make bad attempts at jazz. Wats even worse is I also hack it up on electric. But this recording is simply__the coolest thing I have ever heard.

This cd is freakin crazy. I bought it about two months ago and i still cant put it away. Dave Holland's solos are awesome. Eubanks solos are just insane. I actually saw him at the Reno Jazz Festival and he's a really nice guy. Chris Potter is just incredible. All the tracks are great but two that stick out are 'Metamorphos', which has a crazy 9/8 groove that kicks ***. The other is 'Juggler's Parade' where Billy Kilson just throws down. His drumming is good. I've never heard of him, but I love his playing. If you don't own this CD. BUY IT!!! It's worth the money because it is rather expensive(double CD).