Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New live Dave Holland

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by jerry, Aug 26, 2003.

1. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Hi guys.......I just wanted to come down here and give you guys a heads up on Dave Holland's new live C.D. 'Live at Birdland'. It's a double C.D. with great long solos from everybody.....this band kicks booty! Special mention goes to drummer Billy Kilson....he just explodes!!!

p.s.hi Marcus!!!

2. Damn straight. He's a crazy mo fogger. Except for the marimba (which gets old) the entire band is just awsome all the time.

3. ba$$88

ba$$88 Guest

Jun 13, 2004
    I'm relatively new to jazz. I play mainly classical upright stuff, but I make bad attempts at jazz. Wats even worse is I also hack it up on electric. But this recording is simply__the coolest thing I have ever heard.

This cd is freakin crazy. I bought it about two months ago and i still cant put it away. Dave Holland's solos are awesome. Eubanks solos are just insane. I actually saw him at the Reno Jazz Festival and he's a really nice guy. Chris Potter is just incredible. All the tracks are great but two that stick out are 'Metamorphos', which has a crazy 9/8 groove that kicks ***. The other is 'Juggler's Parade' where Billy Kilson just throws down. His drumming is good. I've never heard of him, but I love his playing. If you don't own this CD. BUY IT!!! It's worth the money because it is rather expensive(double CD).