Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEW LOOPER

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, May 7, 2005.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
  2. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    6.5 hours of loop??!!!?!!?!!!

Wow.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    nice. Need to check one out

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    It comes out on my birthday!

It doesn't seem too expensive either... $250? Am I reading it wrong?

6. Ioang

Ioang

May 5, 2005
    But how much do 2GB compactflash cards cost? I think lots...

7. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    That's true... but think of the possibilities. You could loop a whole MOVIE-length riff, and then solo over the top of it for hours. :eyebrow:

8. jeff schmidt

jeff schmidt no longer red carded, but my butt is still sore.

Aug 27, 2004
    Novato, CA
    Storing 99 loops and the ability to transfer them to and from a PC are the biggest improvments over the Boss unit IMHO.

It's missing MIDI though. :( So it can't replace my Echoplex. Yet.

9. Flea666

Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    1 GB card costs about 50 ENGLISH pounds

10. If they could just start making these thing compatable with midi clocks. I have the rc-20xl and that is my only complaint. 6.5 hours is noce though...

11. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Or give you more granular control over the tempo. I had an rc-20xl and loved it, but my only complaint when recording was it could be tough to get the tempo precisely matched when recording using the quantize feature. I was using it with drum loops and keyboard parts to trigger at certain parts of songs.

12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That seems too good to be true. Anyone know the sampling rate of the Boss RC 20xl? I couldn't find it in the manual.

But it doesn't appear to have an Undo function. That's where the Echoplex has them all beat- the Boss can undo just one layer of loop, and since you have to hold one of the pedals down for three seconds for the loop to undo, timing it right can be tricky. If this thing has the ability to undo multiple loops, I'd order one today.

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I need a looper... like really bad.

14. My wife has been asking me what I want for my birthday which is coming in July......I think I now have an answer. That thing sounds like it's gonna awesome.

15. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    If you look on the German page you can see it has undo, same set-up as the boss.

16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I imagine it's the same 'hold for three seconds' process of undoing. On the Boss, holding it for three seconds after undoing it re-does it- the loop you erased comes back. I'd much rather have it so that you could undo all of your loop tracks one-by-one. Does the German page mention if it can do that?

17. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The Electrix Repeater rack unit is being re-introduced this summer as well for only $500 (doesn't come with a footswitch). I was reading the manual for it online, and while it seems like a very versatile and powerful looper, it doesn't seem like you can undo more than one of your overdubs.

I'd really like to be able to to take a loop, overdub a few more loops onto it, and then be able to take them off one by one, and the Echoplex looks like the only one that does it. Anyone know of a different option?

If anyone wants to check out the manual for the Repeater, here's a link to it. Maybe it can do what I'd like and I'm just
    misunderstanding it.
    http://images.misupply.com/downloads/Electrix/RepeaterManual.pdf