1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New love for old-ish instrument

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fredrik E. Nilsen, Mar 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. So, I got a used Fender Aerodyne MIJ jazz bass 11-12 years ago, probably made around 2002-2003. Always played 5- or 6-string, so I never used it much. Some rehearsals, a few gigs. The setup was ok but not great, the pickups had a lot of noise. Liked it, but didn't love it. Always grabbed a different instrument when I was practicing at home. Had some spare time the last few weeks, so decided to change pickups (got a used Aguilar P/J set cheap). shielded it completely, changed strings, adjusted the truss rod and string height, and it feels like a new, fantastic horn. I think I'm starting to love it.

2. Nice! I always regret not picking up an Areodyne. Especially considering how cheap they were compared to then.

Fredrik E. Nilsen likes this.
  3. Traded it in for a Status fretless 5, didn't need two fretless 5's. Now I can't put it down. If you get a chance, try one out.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018