1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD NEW LOWER PRICE! 1969 Fender Jazz FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sleeplessknight, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    So, my mom has end-stage breast cancer, and I need money to move from New England back to Michigan for a while. Yes, that sucks. However thankfully she had the foresight to raise a son who has a penchant for acquiring good music gear, and so here we are today.

This bass was my retirement plan. I got this from Jonno1707 back in 2008, and it's everything I wanted in a vintage J and more. It has 'the tone', it has 'the feel', and because it also has 'the modifications' (hey, it's a player), you're gonna pay a lot less than a 'mint condish' axe that probably wasn't all that hot to begin with. This axe is all-original EXCEPT for the pickups (Basslines; according to Jonno he bought it from 'some dude' and the original pickups disintegrated a few years later) and the pots. My understanding is that Jonno also had it routed for a 9V battery at one time by Vinnie Fodera (yes, that Vinnie Fodera) right under the pickguard. I plan to have some more detailed pictures up shortly, but these should give you a decent taste of what's to come. Any detail shots that anybody wants? I am now asking $5500 OBO shipped anywhere in the CONUS. I will include a beat-up but sturdy Fodera case (same as I received it). Currently strung with DR Hi-beams.

I will accept any and all forms of payment for this - Paypal, Bitcoin, Dwolla, personal check (if you have high feedback), money order, etc. - given the circumstances. However, I would GREATLY PREFER a non-Paypal method if at all possible.

Picasa Album

DSC06867.

DSC06868.

DSC06869.

DSC06873.

2. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    bump

3. sleeplessknight