1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New LP from KC Roberts & the Live Revolution

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by KCLRbass, Aug 4, 2012.

1. KCLRbass

KCLRbass

Sep 5, 2011
    Toronto
    Hey folks. My band, KC Roberts & the Live Revolution, just released a new record called Between the Cracks. We recorded it in one monster 1-day session in June, and it has (I think, at least) a really cool live-ish vibe.

You can preview/purchase it at CD Baby.

Here's a video of us playing a tune called Contact from Between the Cracks last weekend in Toronto. Filmed by a funky stranger.

2. Hey Matt, I just checked out the "Between the Cracks" clips at CDBaby, absolutely outstanding!!! I bought a few "Between the Cracks" mp3s tonight, my fav so far is "The Sunrise" you totally killed it on that track without a doubt. I have always dug your tone, but I have to say that your work on "Between the Cracks" just raised the bar.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, KC Roberts and the Live Revolution are the best thing in music period to come out of Toronto for as long as I can remember. The rhythm section work between yourself and Chino is beyond reproach. You guys are the real deal! Please keep bringin' and slingin' the funk!

I can't wait to hear PDF 2!!!

Cheers,
    Paul

Paul Theriault
    http://www.myspace.com/547816221

3. KCLRbass

KCLRbass

Sep 5, 2011
    Toronto
    Wow, Paul. Don't know what to say other than "thanks" for the support and kind words.

As for my tone on BTC, I owe most of that to my "new" Ibanez Musician, about which I got tons of excellent TB info and advice here if you're interested.

Thanks again, Paul. PDF2 is sounding incredible, BTW.

Cheers
    Matt

PS Checked out your myspace. Ridonkulous tone/pocket on Legacy and Effect!

4. Haha, glad to see someone as hype about these guys as I am! "Free the Funk" has gotta be my fav track right now but everything on the LP is great!

5. KCLRbass

KCLRbass

Sep 5, 2011
    Toronto
    Dude, the Moog solo at the end!? Pure fire...pure F@*#ing FIRE!

Missed you at Beaches, Kwesi. Gotta figure out a plan to get you up here sooner or later.

6. Hey Matt, thanks for the kind words. As for your tone, I'm fairly certain that your thoroughly solid groove and tasty chops would speak on any bass. Having said that, I heard you at the Beaches this year and last with the Vadim 5, while I thought that bass sounded flat out great, damn if that Ibanez Musician you used on "Between The Cracks" isn't the sweetest sounding pocket dweller I have ever heard!

Also, I gotta say that I'm so glad to see cats like Kwesi diggin' on you guys, it's really only a matter of time for KC Roberts & the Live Revolution to finally get the international attention that you guys truly deserve.

Cheers,
    Paul

Paul Theriault
    http://www.myspace.com/547816221

7. kbuschmann

kbuschmann Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Love you guys. Downloaded the MP3 and am proselytizing. Any plans for a visit to Halifax in the near future?

8. KCLRbass

KCLRbass

Sep 5, 2011
    Toronto
    Yeah, it was purely luck that brought me and the Ibanez together. Love at first sight, no less. It's getting lots of action on PDF2 as well. The Vadim is still my main live axe though.

Would you believe that we were THIS close to getting Kwesi up to Toronto for Beaches this year? Kwesi, being the responsible man that he is, opted to prioritize his education instead. Still, we WILL make it happen.

9. KCLRbass

KCLRbass

Sep 5, 2011
    Toronto
    Thanks so much! Our touring plans are on hold until we finish up our double record. I have no doubt, however, that the east coast will be on the menu. Matt Giffin, our keyboard slinger, is a proud Nova Scotian.

Keep on converting!

10. Maaaaan, you don't even know how much I wished I could be up there. Got my school stuff sorted though out which is cool. All kinds of hype for PDF2! Trying to work my way through 'Too Late' (finally) and it's ridiculous, lol! But you don't get that kind of funk happenin without some chops, eh?

11. KCLRbass

KCLRbass

Sep 5, 2011
    Toronto
    Yeah, that one's a beast. Don't forget to pull out your EHX Micro Synth for the bridge. BTW, happy to help if you ever have any questions when you're lifting this stuff.

Also, glad school is dealt with. That gives you a few weeks to party.

12. KCLRbass

KCLRbass

Sep 5, 2011
    Toronto
    Between the Cracks is now on iTunes

Please take a listen and let me know what you think!

13. KCLRbass

KCLRbass

Sep 5, 2011
    Toronto
    Anyone who's interested: we just posted a sample from Between the Cracks on youtube. It's a track called Free the Funk, featuring a monster Moog solo by my main man Giffin.

If you're in Toronto on November 30, come check us out at the Annex Wreck Room.