Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new lull

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ogyen, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Jay at Blueberry Hill hooked me up with this sweet new Lull MV5, alder/rosewood, 3 band pre with passive tone. Sounds great, and the neck finish feels amazing. Jay was awesome to deal with.

Attached Files:

2. Couple more pics, all of which are from the Blueberry Hill site.

Attached Files:

3. That's a sharp looking bass. Congrats!

4. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Jumpin' christmas, another matching headstock Lull. I hereby hate all of you... until I join you. :smug:

Enjoy her. :D

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Everyone's getting a Lull except me. :(

Nice bass!

6. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I call these basses simplistic elegant beauty. My M5V is my all time favorite bass in 40 years of playing. Sorry to say that I've put a few dents in 'er in places where the sun don't shine too often!!!

Also +1 on Jay Lewis who I bought two of them from.

Congrads!!!

7. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    They're sweet basses aren't they?? Got one myself with another on the way!!

;)

8. Yeah, Lull's are great basses, and this one looks so nice. It goes really well with my sadowsky 4-string, I'm in 'super fender' heaven :bassist:

9. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    Great looking Lull! ;)

Is it translucent or solid Red?

Super basses ... I have three :D

Enjoy it!

10. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    PM me your address, please. I have a... christmas card I'd like to drop off. Preferrably when you're not home. So it's a surprise. Yeah, that's it. :D

11. It's candy apple red, so it's solid and kinda metalic. Probably my favorite of the 60's fender custom colours.

12. How much is a basic Lull? I REALLY would like one!

13. I'm not really sure, but I think that a passive V5 goes for around $1900-2000. I'd highly recommend Jay at Blueberry Hill Bass, he's great to deal with.

14. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Oh no! :eek: Don't tell me that, Larry. Oh well...at least they're battle scars from gig use and not because you dropped it down a flight of stairs. :D

Glad to hear that you're loving your new Lull so much, Ogyen! :hyper: Candy apple red is probably one of my favorite custom colors from the '60s as well. The bass that Mike built for me 3 years ago is essentially a 4-string version of your bass, and I love it! ;)

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats and all the best with it.

16. What a relief, I was worried that I'd be seen as a traitor by sadowsky fans :p Actually I think the two compliment each other very well, two very different takes on the j-bass ie: 34'' vs 35'', 2-band vs 3-band, split coil vs single coil. Both awesome basses, but right now I'm honeymooning with the Lull :D