1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New M87 Led Lights Don't Move

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mam1862, Feb 26, 2013.

1. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Northfield, Ohio
    I just got this unit and when powered on the led lights light up from one end to the other and never move. Other then boosting the sound, it doesn't sound like anything is happening when the knobs are moved. Is this unit defective or am I missing something?

2. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM

Dec 4, 2012
    The difference in sound is very subtle which is why I sold mine.

3. NoxNoctus

NoxNoctus The Crushinator

May 9, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    I thought the same, until I turned up the input a bit. Higher than unity. I get it so at least every pluck registers one light on there now.

Killer pedal if you want a compressor that doesnt muck around with your tone and does what a SS compressor should.

4. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    Do the lights stay lit the whole time, even when you're not playing? Cos that ain't right.
    What settings are you using?

5. If you want to see it really working, set the controls like this:

attack = 7 o'clock
    release = 9 o'clock
    ratio = 20
    output = 12 o'clock
    input = 12 o'clock
    "set the INPUT knob so that the first 3 to 7 green gain reduction LEDs
    light, clockwise to light more and counterclockwise to light fewer LEDs."

These settings should be a test to see if the unit is actually working or not.

6. mam1862

Nov 10, 2008
    Northfield, Ohio
    +1. They stay on continuously. As soon as the cords are plugged it lights up like a Christmas tree. Already talked to someone at Dunlop and they feel its defective. So it looks like I have to return it for another one.

7. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17

Jan 16, 2006
    Atlanta
    i just set mine to the recommended "studio quality compression" sound provided in the manual. set input so the 7db green light lights up on your hardest note and set the output to match your amp. set attack and release to noon and the ratio to 4 or 8. i set it to 8.

8. mam1862

Nov 10, 2008
    Northfield, Ohio
    I tried that yesterday and no matter what you do the lights do not move. It might be something easy to fix on the circuit board but I wouldn't know where to start with that. It's easier to return it and get a new one.

9. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    Yeah. Dunlop have fantastic customer service.

10. mam1862

Nov 10, 2008
    Northfield, Ohio
    Just got the replacement unit and everything works fine. Now I am just playing with what order the pedals should go in.

11. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM

Dec 4, 2012
    Some people prefer there's infront of everything. Why I will never understand. As you loose dynamics into every pedal that works off dynamics. Envelopes overdrives.

I like mine very last.. Unless your putting a volume boost behind it.