New Machine Head Album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Feb 21, 2004.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Yes, i know this is bad of me, but i downloaded it off Kazaa, and man, how they have changed! Ill buy it as soon as it comes out though, dont worry ;)

They arnt as nu-metaly as they used to be! the songs go from typical, phat heavy metal songs, to almost thrash like. Not that thats a big thing now a days :)

Anyone else heard anything? Favourite tracks etc?
  2. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    The last (and so far only) machine head album I've owned was "The More Things Change..."

It had some good stuff on it, but I'm so much more into the sludgy noisemetal of soilent green and eyehategod and crowbar and acid bath and the like that I just kinda forget about the thrash metal bands. I heard "The Burning Red" sucked, so I didn't even bother getting it.

Maybe I'll check this out, though.
  3. You can't beat "Burn My Eyes". None of their other stuff comes close.
  4. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Have you heard the new album?? It's every bit as good as 'Burn My Eyes'. There is a definite thrash influence, and I think it's been voted album of the year(at least in the metal genre) in many publications overseas.

Phenomenal record...absolutley the best metal record I've heard from a semi-popular metal band in a while. One listen to the song 'Imperium' will have you scratching your head wondering when the old Machine Head came back:)

And I happen to like 'The Burning Red' though...not as much as the earlier stuff or this latest album, but it had it's moments.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

It was all crap after that. Maybe the new one is good? I'm skeptical. :meh:
  6. JustSoYouKnow

Aug 30, 2002
    the new one is so amazing

there is not one bad song on it if you ask me

as a fan of metal i think it is a must buy album :)