New Mackie MasterFader v4.5

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by jimfist, Sep 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!"

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
  2. Bufalo

Bufalo Funk in the Trunk Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Harrisburg, PA
    Had a gig with mine over the past weekend, they aren't kidding about the reverb being better. RTA is pretty sweet, as well. For the first time ever, the firmware update portion of the upgrade hit a snag and needed a second try, but I don't call that a problem. The DL isn't everyone's favorite, but it has been a fantastic piece for my situation - running sound from the stage while playing in a regular rock band.

jimfist likes this.
  3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    The DL is a great piece! I much prefer the Mackie software to that on my Presonus board. Still getting used to the Soundcraft - but that board is a whole nuther thing... I'm going to upgrade my 30 pin interface for lightning and update the docked iPad before moving up to 4.5 I think though.

4. flatfender

flatfender Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit

I upgraded my old 30 pin with an ipad 1 to the new lighting kit for an ipad 4. I ordered one from B&H. There may be other places including Mackie themselves.

Mackie DL Lightning Dock Replacement LIGHTNING DOCK SERVICEKIT

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    How snuggly does the ipad 4 fit in the cradle ? Have you noticed any performance issues with the RTA or new reverbs using the 4 ?

6. flatfender

flatfender Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit

Dunno if you're talking to me, but the Ipad4 fits fine in mine. I've updated the ipad to fader v4.5 but I haven't docked it yet to upgrade the dl1608. Later today though.

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Hey! i'm talkin' to you! ;-)

It seems like I'll be heading down a similar path shortly. So I'll be intersted to hear how you fare. I just did my first sound company gig's with a new Soundcraft SI 3. It is amazing. It is also very big. 150 lbs. in the road case. A 2 guy move...

Think I'll hang onto the 1608 and take my lumps on the SL 16.4.2. The 1608 is such a convenient form factor for me...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  8. Ulf_Hansson

Ulf_Hansson

Apr 15, 2014
    Good to hear. A friend of mine has the DL and he's not that happy with it. I'll give a hint about the upgrade.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021