1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Malekko Reverb (NOT Spring Chicken)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mingus Addict, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Here is a quote from Malekko off another forum in reference to the Spring Chicken and the reverb they have coming next.

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    A few other things coming out first?

Not the 616/919s since he mentions them and not the Holly Erectus since that has apparently been put on the backburner once again.

I'm guessing he's referring to more synth modules, but I'm hoping it's the Plaster Caster.

It also sounds like I may have to compare this reverb to the Dr. Scientist for my fretless board. I'd already own a RRR if they weren't backordered everywhere. Hell, PedalGeek says their NEXT shipment is already completely spoken for when it comes in June.

3. i remember reading something about this a while back.

4. I thought you were finished ;)

5. You really are intrigued by reverb. aren't you?! Don't worry, I'd go as far to say I have an obsession. There's just something special about reverb. on bass.

If this new reverb sounds anywhere near as realistic as the Spring Chicken does then its worth buying is all I can say.

6. I'm guessing this is directed at me and my recent reverb thread? Yeah, I've always been a big reverb fan, just not on bass. When I played a lot more guitar I was a little obsessed with springs. I recently discovered it's usefulness on bass though, and its got all sorts of ideas running through my head for old and new songs. I just wish I could get something like the Hardwire Reverb or the Verbzilla with an expression control. I'm leaning towards the spring chicken right now but I'm worried that it won't get as washed out as I want. I need some totally mushy indistinguishable notes available.

Have you used the SC gnasher?

7. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Ditto. I just want to find out what it is.

8. Jared Lash

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    The Plaster Caster? It's a remake of the MuTron Octave Divider.

9. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Really? I thought that was just an idea of what it could be.

10. Jared Lash

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    I can't say for sure, but I remember a thread in which someone asked why no one had cloned the MuTron and Josh's response was strongly hinting at the Plaster Caster being exactly that. Plus I remember him mentioning that he'd won one of the original ones on eBay.

Hopefully we'll find out soon.

11. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    uh oh. another!?

12. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    I think this is the only pedal I'm waiting for.

And here is the original thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483313&highlight=octron+tracking

13. Sadly not :bawl: but I've heard countless good reviews and some great sound clips. Let's face it just look at it:

a) It's pink
    b) It's got the tiniest footprint
    c) It's got a chicken on it!
    d) It's got one knob
    e) It's got a chicken on it!

What more can you want?! But no, I haven't played it. The only shop in England (that I know of) that stocks Malekko products (Vintage and Rare Guitars) doesn't seem to have even acknowledged its release. So in the mean time until they do, I (along with many others) shall be playing the frustrating waiting game...

14. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    There's also Rose Lane Music. Very nice e-store.

15. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    DIGITAL PRESETS??? mmm I wonder if he is planning to do more pedals with that feature

16. I would do highly inappropriate things for pictures, if they exist. :ninja:

17. I doubt they do exist:meh: He says in the quote he doesn't even have a name for it yet so I doubt he has a graphic design worked up.

18. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    Rose Lane Music has Spring Chicken in stock. Is it worth 140 pounds? I'm not so sure.