1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Markbass Head - wow!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spaldo, May 19, 2011.

1. So...I'm a big MarkBass lover but I have to ask.....Does the amp dress funny and say YO!!! and DUDE!!! Constantly?? :D

2. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I can't tell from the pics, but it certainly looks as big as an all-tube amp, but doesn't sport any power tubes... Hopefully it sounds great, but you can color me skeptical of it's practicality. The weight is certainly right, but there are plenty of lightweight amps that can fit in a mixer bag that sound great. This will have to be light years ahead of those amps in terms of tone to see market appeal.

3. IntrepidCellist

IntrepidCellist

Sep 10, 2009
    Manhattan
    Actually, if it has essentially the Markbass Compressore built in, that's a pretty big selling point right there. However, with what it's likely to cost, it would be cheaper to buy the Compressore pedal to put in front :-/.