New Marshall Guitar Headache

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rickbass, Feb 7, 2003.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

350 watt Marshall guitar amp?!?!...... no more cheap ear plugs!

The Mode 4 -

2. Holy sharp stick in the eye! :eek:

The 50 watters are loud, let alone the 100s!

Does Jim Marshall own stock in schools for the deaf?

3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    That's disgusting. My old guitarist had an ear-piercing 200-watt Johnson head. That was painful. This won't be much worse, but it's still worse.
  4. rickbass

You guys are thinking what I'm thinking - Oh no!!! I'm already trying to get my guitarist with the 100W Marshall stack to turn down!!!!

I guess the current romance with detuning means they need more wattage for the increase in low tones. Or else, they have a Zak Wylde poster in their bedroom.
  5. I think we should strike whenever a guitarist tries to turn up the volume.
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Ya Know, like I can imagine the price....go for the KILLER PA at that point.

My guitar players got little Fender boxes, and they ain't turning them down!
    I can at least pick a strategic spot at rehearsal, and shield my ears somewhat. But you can't really run and hide from a stack.
  7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    "Strike"? i'm all for it. if it means pain upon the guitarist. What guitarists NEEDS 350 WATTS? I mean, even heavy metal "Crunch" Players get by with 100 watts solid state. jeez, just stupid, inmo, unless your playing "DOPE ARENA RAWK!" And feel like having that much power. but if the guitarist had that much power, i'm getting 4 1000 poweramps and tons of 15''inch and 18'' ich drives to show him "Wow, i can go loud to, woopy, jackass.". The guitarist for my band is looking over my shoulder, he says "Jeez, who the hell needs that power?" Weird huh.
  8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Missed this-

Check out the picture ..."Extra volume for extended bass responce".....hmmm, thank god, i mean, how else would a band get the much needed lower freq's? i mean, how else could a band get "Bass responce"???:rolleyes:
  9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I think the 30 watt vox amps are way too loud.
  10. I have to stand up and say that I love loud, dripping, throbbing effect laden feedback filled guitar noise. My single biggest problem with the Marshall full stack our guitarist plays through is this: it's so damn much taller and wider than my Ampeg SVT and two 410s. Even with their casters! It's just not fair.

11. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    That's it then!

I'm going for the Peavey 1x Max pre, 2x DPC-1400, 4x TVX810 rig! No dang ge*tarist is going to step over MY low end! :mad:
  12. bah.
    I think that contravenes UN regulations or something. it must be destroyed!

I seem to remember Marshall proclaiming "and now....a Marshall amp guitar players will hate!" when they launched their new range of bass amps in the mid 90's.
    looks like they're making up with the guitar players now for that.
  13. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Holy cow, Batman! :eek:
  14. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sheesh, at 350 watts, it goes to 15.

My guitar player used a 100 watt Peavey amp (one of the top of the line ones) through a Peavey/Crate full stack...and that was INSANE.

But 350 watts? They can just tune up.
  15. rickbass

Wouldn't France veto it just because it's British, Mock??? ;)
  16. they might not- I think we've got a smoking gun here, as opposed to a pile of earth with a shovel by it....or a University student's impression of an amp from 12 yrs ago.....
  17. Do keep in mind its a solid state power section in that thing. It won't be as extreme as a tube amp of the same output.

I've listened to the samples and it sounds terrible, btw. Like a cardboard box. No real character, just bassy and buzzy.

18. mmmmmm nu-metal.

19. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Man, I wouldn't come to see your band if your guitarist was playing through a 350 watt Marshal. I do enjoy having my ear drums intact.

I can just see the marketing campaigne. You now how you always get spam asking you if you want to enlarge your penis? We'll you'll start getting spam that says, "Since you can't enlarge your penis, buy a Marshal stack to make up for your small endowments".