Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Matrix Movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bentem, May 15, 2003.

1. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I just saw the new matrix movie, Matrix Reloaded, and i was kind of dissapointed. Its definatly not as good as the first one, although it didnt completley suck. It just seems sort of fake. I dont want to give anything away. I also hated that it didnt end.

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    good idea...but it would have been a better idea if u didn't tell us how it ended...or in this case didn't end...:rolleyes:

bp13

3. I heard that Darth Vader is Luke's father!!

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    She's really a man!!

brad cook

ps - and she's been DEAD all along!

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    a bit too heavy on the philosophy, eh?

6. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Its the middle part of a trilogy, the ending comes out next fall.

That way it would be impossible to give away the ending.

7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    unless it doesn't end;)

bp13

8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I saw it today. I won't give anything away, but I will say this:

1. It's WAY over the top. Holy cow.

2. I was dissapointed that Neo didn't reunite with the Wild Stallions. Dude, they rocked.

3. Be prepared to be pissed that you don't have a time travelling phone booth to fastforward your ass to November so you can see the next one sooner.

9. I saw the movie last night. I will see it again. Many times.

Bad- They put too many special effects in this one. It made the movie seem so busy. it was like, look that You never have any time to reflect on what just happened except for the one and a half hour long sex scene that was not needed. The movie had tooo much information in it for one movie. It's gonna feel like mission impossible 1. You will say this after the movie: "That kicked ass! but what the hell just happened?"

Note to all. Stay for credits. They are long but there is a matrix 3 preview!!!

10. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah, what was up with that sex scene? Note to all: sex scene is a good time to go to the bathroom or get a coke. Trust me, it's so long, you won't miss anything.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Well I haven't seen it yet (tomorrow) but I must say that I can't think of ANY second movie of a planned trio that DOES really end. Think about it...Back to the Future 2, Empire Strikes Back, The Two Towers... I'm sure that every one that I can think of that's part of a continuing trilogy is like that. People said the same thing about Empire Strikes Back when it came out.

brad cook

12. I don't know what some of you guys were talking about. I thought the movie was incredible. Sure it was heavy on the visual effects, but the visual effects were awsome!!

13. when you no that there is another movie coming out how can you be dissapointed.

I mean LOTR ends where it does but everyone knows there will be another one but that is ok. Yet it is common knowledge that there is a third movie.

speaking of which i would like an expansion of the LOTR story as opposed to reading the prequel 'the silmarillion'

Simon

14. 99% of the time sequels arent as good as the original, usually the people realize what they did wrong with the second and change it for the third. so the third is worse then the first, but better than the second so it seems like a good movie, but nothing beats the first. this is true for almost all movies like this.

15. yo todd this i just my opinion but i thought LOTR 2 was a much better movie thatn the first and the third could only be better if they show the final batltle and the city of gondor lives up to my expectation.

In the case of second movies being of a infereior quality to the original movie i must cite terminator 2 which was eons in front of T1. Which leads me to the observation that T3 will have to be the best movie ina long time to surpassT2.

Simon

16. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    No, just really lame philosophy.

17. Correct spelling.

Is Death still doing his solo bass act?

:D

Seeing the movie on Tuesday. Will take the advise, and stick around for the credits.

Rock on
    Eric:bassist:

18. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Heehee, we're grammar nazis even when we are spelling things incorrectly on purpose.:D

wYld 5t@llY0n5 rUlz!!

19. It was good, I plan on seeing it a second time to try and catch what I missed.

I have a question, when the "key maker" was introduced, alot of the audience laughed and cheered a bit. Was there some inside joke that I missed?