1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Maxima Gold Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by hitman9696, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Hey everyone,

I decided to go ahead and try the Maxima Gold strings. I'm using a DeArmond Pilot Pro 4, with the original strings (gauges .045-.065-.085-.105) . I bought the .050-.065-.085-.105 "Medium" gold pacakge from www.juststrings.com.

I'm a huge John Entwistle fan, and since he uses them, I couldn't resist. In fact, he is the reason I picked up the bass and loving it!

First, did I make a good choice by going for the gold?

Second, will the diffrence in size in the G string be notacible (from .045 to .050)?

I play mostly fingerstyle, only when playing some few punk songs I use a pick.

Thanks for your time...

2. Flatwound

Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I don't know the answer to your questions, but I'd sure like to know how you like those strings when you get them.

3. I used 'em way back when nobody wanted to pay the hefty price for gold plated strings, and a music store had purchased about 6 sets, that I wound up buying very cheap. I loved them, seemed like they lasted quite awhile, and the tone was always even, not too "zingy" out of the box.