1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Member Amp Advice?

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by DirtyThunder, Oct 3, 2009.

1. DirtyThunder

DirtyThunder

Sep 27, 2009
    Hi, I've known about talkbass for a while and have used it to research opinions about equipment among other things but I wanted to participate in the conversation and get more direct advice, so here I am.

I am playing a feder jaguar deluxe bass through an ampeg svt 350 head and a SWR 4x10 golath III. I have not been satisfied with both power and tone from the ampeg head, and am looking to upgrade. Right now, the Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 looks pretty good to me, but I dont know much about power output and how much i should be putting into my SWR cab. The cab runs at 8 ohms and I intend to eventually enhance my rig with another piece to get maximum wattage, but for now I just need a head that will give me volume and a tone that I can work with. Also, I'm unsure as to whether I should spring for the Shuttle 9.0, if I need the added wattage for my eventual 2 cabinets?

Can anybody tell me if running a Shuttle 6.0 through an 8 ohm Goliath III 4x10 is a wise combination for an amp? or if the 9.0 would work better?

Also can anyone can recommend a good pedal for compression and/or fuzz? Thanks.

-New User Sean.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    I suggest you find a Shuttle dealer and take your cab in for a test drive with the head of your choice.

Also, posting your questions in the regular forums is the best place to get specific information.

Good luck.

3. DirtyThunder

DirtyThunder

Sep 27, 2009
    thanks. ill post this on another thread.