Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Member - First Post

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Commreman, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Hello!

I was introduced to this website a little over a year ago, and have finally gotten off my butt to join. I purchased a Carvin LB75 on E Bay from GrooveSlave as an inexensive way to see whether playing an ERB would be for me, after many, many years being strictly a four banger. Following the purchase, GrooveSlave e mailed me to check this site out, and it has been a revelation. There is tons and tons of really great information here, overall, and the combination of moving up to five string with the consistent reading of these boards has made me a much stronger player (with lots of practice and gigs too!)

I've noted that there are players of every style and every level here. That is very healthy in itself. Music is one of the only true international languages, and the thing that drives us all and keeps us human. I'm looking forward to being an active participant here instead of a lurker!

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Welcome to Talkbass. If you look at the top of this forum (Misc), there's a sticky thread for new member introductions. You could delete this thread and post there, if you're so inclined. New members tend to post introductions all over the place, since it's easy to miss stickied threads for whatever reasons. :cool: