1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New member from MN

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by IffyBass, Oct 15, 2013.

1. IffyBass

IffyBass

Oct 14, 2013
    Hi all, this is Willie from MN, about an hour outside of Minneapolis. I'm 47, and just picked up bass about a year and a half ago, maybe 2...

I've had some exposures to music over the years - played guitar off and on since high school. I have to say that bass feels so much more natural compared to the guitar. I'm just wired that way I guess. I've also played tuba in high school marching band and tried to do it for a while in the local community band until kids took over my life and my free time.

I'm working on my music reading skills and the plan is to keep improving them. About a year ago (Halloween in fact) I started playing through Ed Friedland's bass method books and worked my way through all three volumes. Would like to pick up with volume 4 but I'm not sure there is one.

I play in a local church band where we practice & perform at a service approx once a week. That's been very helpful to me to get the opportunity to play regularly and I can tell I've been improving.

What I hope to get out of TalkBass is some how-to information regarding my gear such as an old Peavey amp I picked up recently. I've been a longtime guest reader of all the helpful forum posts.

Hmm, I guess that's enough for now, thanks for reading this far :)