1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New member from Switzerland

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by FerK, Dec 27, 2011.

1. FerK

FerK Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Switzerland
    Hello everyone, I'm Fernando, new bass player from eastern Switzerland. I've played keyboards and piano for some 25 years, and I recently joined a group of friends who jam on weekends, and could really use a new "band" member (3 guitars and a drum until I arrived).

In the first few weeks of playing with them I realized they could use a bass much more than keys so...why not ? 37 is not too old to learn a new instrument, so there I went, and purchased a slightly used Yamaha RBX260. It worked OK during my first few months, but I realized I could use a slightly better bass, and found a good deal on a Japan-made Ibanez SR800. So here I am...been playing for some 5 months now, and already own 2 basses. And very excited about them.

Anyhow, just wanted to drop in and say hi. I've been reading and lurking for a while, it was about time to introduce myself properly.

Cheers !

Fernando