Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new member here!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spots, Feb 7, 2004.

1. spots

spots

Feb 7, 2004
    boston, MA
    Hi guys,
    I'm new here, thought I'd introduce myself. Currently junior in highschool, play EB, ibanez sr485 to be exact (dont scoff).
    Had a question that's been bugging me.
    Has anyone played/owned a warrior bass (5 string preferable)?
    (www.warriorinstruments.com)
    I've been considering getting myself one, but the price is pretty steep and i wanna see if anyone has any experience with these basses.
    Thx in advance for replies!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Welcome. And as for the warrior thing, try doing a search. (Function at top of thread/forum)

3. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    spots,
    Welcome to Talkbass! :D :hyper: Ask many questions and have fun...and don't forget that search function as Figjam pointed out. ;)

4. Hi

Welcome to TB, never played a Warrior so sorry but I can't help you.

Regards

Matthew

5. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Welcome!

Though I havent played a Warrior 5 myself, I have not heard many good things about them. Warrior makes good 7 and 9-string basses, but their 5s are not always that good. There was a thread about this a while back. Do a search, and you'll see ;)

6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Here is one thread that has 5s (and mre strings):

Warrior Basses

Note that post about 5s:
    "My friend has two 5's. The fretless is beautiful, plays and sounds great.

The fretted blows, plays bad, fingerboard sits way above the body and the pickup is mismatched to the string spacing and the B is unusable. It should have never been sold.

So that's two of them "