Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New member, new bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by zandar, Jul 8, 2005.

1. zandar

zandar

Jul 8, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Hi everyone, I just joined TB after lurking in the forums and finally buying my first URB...a Shen SB150 purchased from Hammond Ashley in Seattle. Here's the requisite bass pic, sorry for the crappy camera-phone quality.

Attached Files:

2. Congrats on the new DB. That photo is definitely more art than information, but DB's are so photogenic it is hard to make a really bad photo of one. I actually like this one. Sort of mysterious, but the highlights on the forward ribs really make the picture. Welcome to the forum.

3. Klelewon

Klelewon Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Contratulations!! Very nice bass. Welcome to the Darkside!! :)

4. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Congratulations on the new bass. I think I actually played that bass last time I was in HA, or the time before that [I played two of the ones they had] from what I remember it was quite nice.

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    +1

Taken with a higher quality digital camera, that would be an awesome picture, even background-worthy.

PS: Congrats on the new bass, I know how you feel!

6. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I love the shape of that bass... it reminds me of my S&D. Like the LaScala shape, too. Is there some famous, perfectly proportioned instrument out there that so many new basses are modeled after? Something about the relative sizes of the upper and lower bouts, and the way the violin corners and shoulders slope out is so recognizable....

7. zandar

zandar

Jul 8, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks guys. I've been playing as much as my fingers will stand. I love it.