1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Member Saying Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Bell Boy, Mar 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bell Boy

Bell Boy

Mar 7, 2016
    NYC
    Hi all,
    I am a guitarist, and today have signed up on TalkBass both because I have an occasional backing gig where I play bass and am in a band currently looking for a permanent bassist. It was recommended to me by a friend to come over here and plug into the community for both of these reasons. I have lurked anonymously for a while, but now am here as a member. Happy to be here.

2. ESPweasel

ESPweasel

Jan 6, 2016
    Charlotte NC
    Welcome and enjoy! :bassist:

Bell Boy likes this.
  3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

Bell Boy likes this.
  4. Bell Boy

Bell Boy

Mar 7, 2016
    NYC
    Thanks folks!

5. Welcome, yes, I play both and each helps the other. The learning curve between the two is rather shallow, i.e. easy. They strum and we play the notes of the chord one at a time.:bassist: How many notes gets into the bass line depends on how much room the song gives us.....

O'h then there is that lock with the kick drum thing.......
    And ---- well you'll find the other stuff.

Again welcome.

Bell Boy likes this.
  6. Bell Boy

Bell Boy

Mar 7, 2016
    NYC
    Thanks brother!