1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New member says hello

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by h2otorched, Jul 7, 2014.

1. h2otorched

h2otorched

Jun 21, 2014
    SoCal
    Hello. I'm h2otorched from SoCal. I've played bass professionally for 30+ years, kinda tailing off in the 90's when I began ten years of studying the music of Michael Hedges. Experienced carpal tunnel along the way, and was blessed to be healed of it. My influences are/were Jack Bruce, Paul McCartney, Pete Cetera, Jim Fielder, Joe Osborn, James Jamerson, Pino Palladino. Old School, played Gibson EB3, P Bass, MusicMan Sabre and Hofner Club Bass. I'm a flatwound lover, with 15inchers. Started off playing a Bassman with JBL D-140's, SVT with custom designed cabs. with Cerwin Vegas 15"s, and a BGW system with a Karlson Electrovoice 15" , and 3way JBL cab. Also played and enjoyed a Roland Cube 60...why did I sell most of this stuff? : (
    I'll be in the market for new gear later in the fall, possibly a Jazz Bass, (D. Lakin?), and have been closely
    looking at Mesa-Boogie Walkabout Scout! For ten years I studied aquatic energy modalities, Watsu and Healing Dance at Harbin Springs in NorCal. I've enjoyed the forums here in the past but, only as a guest.
    See you in the forums! : } ~

2. Welcome hearing your comments.

h2otorched likes this.
  3. Welcome "torched"! I saw that you listed Peter Cetera among your influences. An unsung bass hero in my book. Used to play along to my Chicago albums in my formative years and cop many of his lines.

h2otorched likes this.
  4. h2otorched

h2otorched

Jun 21, 2014
    SoCal
    hello BassiklyAC!
    thank you for your welcome. when I was nineteen I manifested an eight piece horn band called
    Threshold in the San Diego area. Chicago, Blood Sweat & Tears, Electric Flag, Moody Blues, et al.
    and anything that had horns we covered. Pete Cetera was a very melodic player, much like McCartney,
    but, with more chops! And he played producer James Guercio's PBass, recorded to perfection.