New Member (Sound Clips)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Zac, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Zac

Mar 19, 2004
    Iam a 19 year aspiring bassist from Camarillo,CA
    I have been reading these forums for a long time now & thought it was definatley time for me to join.I have been playing 4 years now & was just recently accepted into the LA Music Academy for their September 2004 Bass class.I am absolute bass addict & hope I can learn from some of you here

I posted 2 excerpts from my cd that is currently in the works
    When you have some time check them out and let me know what you think.
    Keep in my these are rough cut's but they sound decent

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool Zac, I enjoyed both. I listened to them here at work, so I couldn't critique the recording technically. I like your style though! I'll listen at home through real speakers later. :bassist: :bassist:
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    pretty groovy, Jade had a kind of Final Fantasy Vibe going on, it was a little stale a parts though, but for the most part it moved.

Untitled was kind of neat, but it was too quiet, and also I heard some flub ups, but I dig your soloing style, it kind of reminds me of a classical guitarist, or maybe a flamenco guitarist.

have you ever heard Young and rollins? per chance?

One of my best friends is at LAMA right now, she's loving it, but she has a 12 hour day! :eek:

well, actually she gets like a 3 hour break, but still, she starts classes at 8ish AM and finishes at 6-8(depending on the day) PM

I think it's a good school, the bass department head is a nice guy, and a killer player.

I used to live in camarillo too, well, more like TO/camarillo borderline. :)
  4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    pretty good. On Untitled maybe you should leave out the fast "noise" solo. Really kills the vibe at the expense of trying to play something technical.

there's my two
  5. Cool!
    My friend here in norway is also beginning in LA after summer.He's a guitarist. Is that a very popular place? It better be good if you come all the way from Norway:D
  6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It's a NEW place. I think it's 30 years old, maybe younger. In that respect, it's very small, but from what I saw, it has a lot of promise. And hey, there is nothing wrong with small, you get more personal attention at a small school. However, the downside is LAMA has much less resources than berklee or MI(the two other big music schools)
  7. Ok. My friend has been talking about this LA Academy for several years, he knew that he was going to begin there when he was 15-16 years old or something. He also started to work as a songwriter at that time....(He now is eighteen.) So I think one of the reasons that he wanna go there is to be close to the LA-music industry or something like that...