Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEW MEMBER TO THE SPECTOR FAMILY!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dviper, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Dviper

Dviper

Aug 24, 2004
    New York, USA
    HEY! I'm soo happy! i just bought myself a Spector Rebop 5 and it came in the mail today! Its used a little and i got it off ebay so its got a couple of dings but thats okay...theres also a couple of modifications done... see the pics. (what do u think of the color?)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    New Battery Box
    Warwick Tuning Knobs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Nice Socks. :D

Bass is cool too.

3. Very nice bass, welcome to the spector family!

4. Dviper

Dviper

Aug 24, 2004
    New York, USA
    haha thanx. i just got back from marching band in highschool :D We're Black and Gold. the pants and shoes are black so the teacher makes us wear black socks

5. Congratulations....you'll never look back..... :D

6. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    The converts have been rolling in lately. May Spector's glory increase! :D I dig the color man- I'm SURE you will be very happy with your purchase!

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice Rebop ^^ but Riz man, nice pair of Spec's you got there. I love Euro neckthrus, want one for myself, a 4 just like yours in fact,(natural oil)

which preamp is in yours?

8. slicecom

slicecom

Oct 19, 2004
    Toronto
    Welcome! I like the finish on it! Not really digging the warwick tuners tho.. anyways its a beautiful bass and you will like it more and more every day.

9. Rhythmalism

Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    I thought the Czech models came with the inlays in the neck, like the USA models... Looks awesome, and I dig the flat color.

10. slicecom

slicecom

Oct 19, 2004
    Toronto
    Only on the Euro neck thrus.

11. Rhythmalism

Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    Ah, thanks.

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Actally, FYI, the original ReBop basses came with the dot necks. The newer version, called the ReBop LX, now has the "crown" inlays. Spector does still have a few of the "old version" dot necks left, but they have discontinued that model now.

FWIW, I actually prefer the dots to the "squashed marshmellow" markers...although given a choice, I'd have none on the front of the board! :bassist: (I REALLY dig the US bolt ons, just wish they'd make a 3/4" or 19mm spaced 5!)

13. slicecom

slicecom

Oct 19, 2004
    Toronto
    Oh yeah! How could i forget about that when they have the dot neck rebops for sale on their home page! Anyways i agree with you, i like NO inlays much better. Also i find that in pictures the dot neck looks better but in person i prefer the crowns to the dot necks. Oh well.. i have a spector with dots and a spector with crowns anyways! ;)

14. Hard to go wrong with a Spector, even if you don't like fly fishing... :p Have fun with it!

(the fly fishing thing is an almost-inside Spector joke, no insult intended...)

15. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    The Warwick tuners RUINS it. Other than that it's awexome! whats that CAn't SEE THIS! thing? :p

16. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Congrats!

Looks a bit like my Rebop. :) I'll see if I can get some pictures of it tomorrow.

17. Dviper

Dviper

Aug 24, 2004
    New York, USA
    Eh...well the guy i bought it from had already put the new tuners on and i didnt want to take 'em off if they worked so watever. Do you not like them cuz they dont look good and they look stupid or because its "defacing" a Spector bass with Warwick hardware? And the "Cant see this" is the Serial Number

18. Hey there fig...I have the std. Spector preamp offering for '02...I believe it to be the EMG-BTS unit...been awhile since I even thought about it.....so if I'm wrong correct me...I just play the d@mn things.... :cool:

and thanx for the kudos..... :D

19. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    Nice bass. I like the battery box addition. Looks like your nut has been changed to a brass one as well. I had one of these until about two months ago, loved the tone but the neck was too thick for my taste. Speaking of the neck, can anyone compare one of the Rebop 5 neck to a NS2000/5 neck? I'm talking about the neckthrough model produced a few years ago, not the Q version.

20. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    I have both a Rebop5 and an NS2000/5.

Personally I prefer the Rebop's neck... It's easier to slide around on, and it feels more comfortable in general. I think the NS2000's neck is slightly thicker than the Rebop's, though I can't compare them directly right now since my cousin is borrowing the NS2000. :)