1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Lloyd P, Feb 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Lloyd P

Lloyd P

Feb 21, 2016
    UK
    Hi everyone, just joined this excellent forum having sat on the fence and watched for a while. I'm Lloyd currently living in the UK, took up the bass about a year ago fulfilling a life long ambition and am totally addicted! I am 54 but don't see that as an issue, what I lack in youthful exuberance I more than make up for with patience and wisdom. I have 3 basses, each has its own merits and I play them as often and equal as possible. I currently practice alone in a bedroom playing along to tabs and tracks I download from various sources, I would like to eventually get together with like minded people if not only to jam with other musicians. I am a member of Scott Devines excellent SBL Academy (having been let down by 2 previous tutors) and find this approach to learning suits me. I have attached a pic of my basses - a 2008 American Standard Precision bass (pickup upgraded to Custom Shop 62's), a 2005 Fender Deluxe Active 24 Jazz bass (made in Korea) and a 2014 Sterling Ray 34 bass (pickup upgraded to Bartolini MM4CBC).

Look forward to getting to know you guys, keep up the excellent work.

P10003502_zps6xomydhy.

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  2. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Nice lot of basses bro, each with different characters and welcome to the forum.
    I'm from the UK too.

I have only been playing fro about a year and love it. The guys on here are a great help, and also a great source for buying more stuff!

My bases are a Fender Cabronita, Fender Starcaster and a G&L ASAT.

This is too much fun!

Lloyd P likes this.
  3. Lloyd P

Lloyd P

Feb 21, 2016
    UK
    Thanks

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

Nice basses too.

Lloyd P likes this.