1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by somegeezer, Oct 1, 2009.

1. somegeezer

somegeezer

Oct 1, 2009
    England
    Hi guys, I just joined earlier today. Thought I should introduce myself before getting on to the real talk. I've been playing bass for about 3 and a half years [not very long]. My main influential bassist is Cliff Burton. I will always go 5 string over 4 string: Never had the chance to play 6 string yet. I'm only 17; 18 in January. From leeds in England. Hoping mostly to better my composition skills, but always love tips on technique too. So, hi guys! I hope I get to know you a little better over the following years [here's hoping I stay eh?]. :bassist::D

2. LaklandBass

LaklandBass

Jan 26, 2005
    IL
    welcome to the forum. Cliff Burton... damn good bass player

3. somegeezer

somegeezer

Oct 1, 2009
    England
    Thanks! Yeah definitely. Totally came out with his own thing. Too bad his wasn't around long enough to make legend even bigger.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome! Enjoy your stay!

5. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    Welcome to TB!

You might want to check out the links in my sig. below for some great Talk Bass info.

Good luck.