1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Members: How did you find TalkBass? (Part Deux)

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by David Wilson, Oct 9, 2008.

1. David Wilson

David Wilson Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  2. kevinonbass

kevinonbass

Oct 10, 2008
    i found this site from an employee in a music store

seang15 likes this.
  3. Plinko

Plinko

Oct 5, 2008
    I did a google search for "bass forums" and it was the first hit.

John6, SevenFlats, SROpriest and 3 others like this.
  4. harmony central

PJP likes this.
  5. FingerFunkin'

FingerFunkin'

Oct 12, 2008
    I was searching for Jay Turser JTB-401,wanted to order it somehow(I live in Belgrade,Serbia,sh#thole of this universe,where I cant find one).The manufacturer is shipping them only to USA.If somebody who might be reading this knows a way for me to get one of those,PLEASE,help me,send an email to fingerfunkindude@gmail.com.thnx
    Anyway,this is how I found you guys,and here I am.
    :)))

6. FingerFunkin'

FingerFunkin'

Oct 12, 2008
    I was searching for a way to order Jay Turser JTB-401,cuz I live in Belgrade,Serbia,where I can't find one.If anybody who might be reading this knows how to help me get my JBT-401,contact me at fingerfunkindude@gmail.com,THANX!

7. soundwave13

soundwave13

Apr 18, 2005
    Eastern PA
    I did a lot of research here years ago & just have been busy with other things lately.

I'm lurcking again because I will soon have a bunch of gear I'm going to be selling including a Deep Impact, Fulltone Funk-a-duck, Ernieball volume, Ibanez analog chorus, flanger & delay, EHX big muff, Joe Meek Compressor, the list goes on...

I'm not sure where to post this stuff, but will search around as I have the time & opportunity.

The talkbass forum has always been an invaluable source of info, review & endless source of GAS!

Haha - Thanks!
    AJ

8. Im searching in web for some tabs.. then i found talkbass...

9. rogueman

rogueman

Sep 29, 2006
    Austin, TX.
    Strange as it may seem, from a gun forum. Some guy named funky posted a link. So here I am. When you own an Alembic, you need a gun to protect it. :)

10. fatbassman

fatbassman

Oct 17, 2008
    Snohomish, WA
    I have run across TB about 1,000 times in the last 8 years or so as I searched for and researched my next "must have" piece of gear on Google. I guess I never joined before because I assumed that searching threads for info would be terribly time consuming - and it kind of is.. but at the same time there is such a pile of knowledge here, it's totally worth it. Thanks TB!

11. Google. I was doing some research on nut material (bone v brass, as my LB50 has a brass nut), and I got a good solid explaination from a thread ya'll had on the topic. Thanks. Mind if I hang out a while? hehe

12. Friends who are really badly afflicted with bass GAS. :D

13. Refered by a private instructor, actually.

14. bass.bunny

bass.bunny

Oct 19, 2008
    Humboldt, CA
    was searching for a bass cabinet for the boyfriend when google spit this forum out

15. iceron

iceron

Oct 13, 2008
    Sweden
    Through Google :)

16. agintad

agintad

Oct 21, 2008
    Teach urself vizually basshttp://www.talkbass.com/forum/images/smilies/guitarist.gif

17. agintad

agintad

Oct 21, 2008
    what do u dew when all u practise is scales chords n arpeggios n u feel STUCK?????

18. Brinski

Brinski

Oct 22, 2008
    Google-ing for gear. Specificly looking for SWR amps...and Bingo!

Mamband Mark likes this.
  19. I bought a Sunn bass cabinet off of craigslist and I was trying to find out more information on it. Wound up here on a Google search.

20. Well I've been here a while but I never did post here.

I actually wound up here by following a link from the bass forum at ultimate-guitar.com before the thread was closed.

(I think they're jealous of TB over there...)