Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New mesa-bergie rig (400+/nv-610)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by anderbass, Feb 25, 2006.

1. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    View attachment 30361 The long story of my new rig. I've been gasin for a big tube amp and stumbled into a pawn shop to find a real nice mesa 400+ in a mesa shock mount rack, with a 1516be (r.r.)cab, that was priced at $1500.00 . But somehow after blowing 6 fuses trying to power up the head, the salesman seemed much more flexible on the price. I rolled it out the door for $500.00 as-is. After I got it home, the amp worked fine, sounded great and has not blown another fuse. (I found a power tube that was ready to fall out of it's socket) . On my new rigs first show, 3 days later I had the pleasure of hauling my new 160 lb. cab up and down a steep set of stairs, and with every painfull step all I could think about was the advice I had got, on my last t/b post, about the weight of this cab. I think it went " as long as you don't have haul it up any stairs". Well after two weeks searching the t/b forums, I was sold on the bergantino nv-610 and ready to sell as much of my mountain, of swr gear as necessary, to make this rig happen. I called and talked to Jim Bergantino. He was really cool and I got the feeling that there will be more nv-610s made at some point. I now have my new nv-610 and really think I have found my dream rig. I"ll be playing with my band next week and thats the true test. I would welcome any knob setting wisdom for this combo. Passive fender jazz with flats, in kind of a Medium hard rock band.

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Hot! :)

I can't wait to get a Bigblock V12; I love my M-Pulse 600 but I am just way to greedy.

3. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Jazz+Flats+All-Tube+NV610.......

That's going to sound huge.

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
  5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I love my Mesa 400+ through my Bergie 610. Best rock rig out there these days.

6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Sounds like a awesome rig! You gotta love the pawnshop prize too!

7. Like Paris Hilton would say " thats hot"

8. I can just imagine my MTD through that rig!!!....mmm, tubes!!!

Congratulations!!!