New mesa-bergie rig (400+/nv-610)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by anderbass, Feb 25, 2006.

1. anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    View attachment 30361 The long story of my new rig. I've been gasin for a big tube amp and stumbled into a pawn shop to find a real nice mesa 400+ in a mesa shock mount rack, with a 1516be (r.r.)cab, that was priced at $1500.00 . But somehow after blowing 6 fuses trying to power up the head, the salesman seemed much more flexible on the price. I rolled it out the door for $500.00 as-is. After I got it home, the amp worked fine, sounded great and has not blown another fuse. (I found a power tube that was ready to fall out of it's socket) . On my new rigs first show, 3 days later I had the pleasure of hauling my new 160 lb. cab up and down a steep set of stairs, and with every painfull step all I could think about was the advice I had got, on my last t/b post, about the weight of this cab. I think it went " as long as you don't have haul it up any stairs". Well after two weeks searching the t/b forums, I was sold on the bergantino nv-610 and ready to sell as much of my mountain, of swr gear as necessary, to make this rig happen. I called and talked to Jim Bergantino. He was really cool and I got the feeling that there will be more nv-610s made at some point. I now have my new nv-610 and really think I have found my dream rig. I"ll be playing with my band next week and thats the true test. I would welcome any knob setting wisdom for this combo. Passive fender jazz with flats, in kind of a Medium hard rock band.
  2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Hot! :)

I can't wait to get a Bigblock V12; I love my M-Pulse 600 but I am just way to greedy.
  3. ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL

That's going to sound huge.
  4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
  5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I love my Mesa 400+ through my Bergie 610. Best rock rig out there these days.
  6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Sounds like a awesome rig! You gotta love the pawnshop prize too!
  7. Like Paris Hilton would say " thats hot"
  8. I can just imagine my MTD through that rig!!!....mmm, tubes!!!