New Mesa cab!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Brendan, May 17, 2004.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    New cab. Picked it up about an hour ago. Much, much fun.

Tight low mids, and respectable low end. Perfect size to to fit my bass stand on top of, so it's even a space saver. I dig the smaller size. It's not tiny, but it's the smallest and lightest cab I've ever owned. Rather happy about that, since it'll make going to practices and auditions much, much easier.

Funny that my "compact rig" is a 1x15 and 1000 watts, eh?

Nice, barky sort of sound. Sits well with my Eden amp. Can't wait to put it through it's paces.

2. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England

What on earth do you plug into that little, yellow adapter?
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Battery recharger. It was inabiting the outlet, then it got ousted, and has yet to be removed.

Why it's yellow, I don't know.
  4. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Fair enough.

Rockin' cab, BTW :)

I imagine it would crank it out nicely with 1000 watts pumping into it. :bassist:
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Tiz-ight. I was about to plunk down my credit card for that exact same cab, 'cept the MAN at Guitar Center wouldn't give me the 12-month financing deal. So I was like, "PSHHH, whatever." And I left.

True story.

The matching 2x10 paired up with that cab makes for a helluva rig.
  6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Probably because Mesa doesn't want to pay the outrageous APR charges on every purchase. I can't say I blame them.

Nice cab dude. Those sure are a hell of a lot lighter than my Mesa 15 RR. 95 pounds!
  7. Sweet cab! What are the dimensions/weight?
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    17"h x 23"w x 18"d

Thought I'm not positive. Dunno the weight, either, though I'd reckon it to be around 50-60lbs.