Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Mesa Cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Matt Morgan, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I'm shopping around for 4x10s and 2x10s and was looking for technical info (sensitivity, frequency response) for the new Mesa Boogie cabs. I even called their tech line and was told "we don't keep track of that kind of information, we just design by ear." Does anybody know any of the specs on these cabs other than the fact that they weigh a ton? 82lbs for a 2x10 and 111lbs for the 4x10! What are they making those things out of? Depleted Uranium? My achin' back! Thanks.

2. I don't know the technical specs, but i'll tell you what. I don't think that they are worth the money. The old cabs were great, the new ones realy aren't IMO. They are very muddy and cost a lot.

3. TCollins

TCollins

Apr 4, 2000
    I love the old style Mesa cabs with the black
    grille...a VERY big reason that I did NOT buy any
    NEW Mesa cabs was the changeover to the silver grille.
    How disappointing to hear that the new ones aren't that great!

4. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    i agree. i was checking out new amps in GC a few months ago, and i played thru a mesa rig, and the cab(410/15) sounded like poo. i would have liked to try the head thru some other cabs, but i got sidetracked by a certain svt4pro/pr410hlf:D