Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New mesa Powerhouse 4x10!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Just got the rig all put together today, it sounds unreal!

Early thoughts on the cab: Man, without a doubt the best looking cab I have seen. The covering resembles leather, and should be a tough, long lasting finish. The cover is really nice as well, even has the mesa eng logo embroidered onto it. Build quality is top notch, not a flaw to be found anywhere. The physical size of the cab is pretty dang big, even deeper than the Eden 410 XLT I used to use.

From living room test runs, it sounds incredible. I'd say a good comparison is to the Eden 410XLT, minus the boominess. It seems like it has the same, or close to same amount of lows as the XLT, but this seems much tighter with less boom.

I'll know more after a gig this weekend, but early indications are two thumbs up!

[​IMG]

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Not dissin' the mesa cab at all, but it's been my experience that the eden nav+qsc plx sounds killer thru just about every speaker cab I've tried...though my fav is the schroeder 410...

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Yep, I am pretty set on Eden as my amp tone, open to suggestion on the cabs though. I think I will be very pleased with this mesa. I am also pretty pleased so far with the QSC, but it is ridiculously heavy. I see a PLX in my future.

4. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    The Mesa 4x10's were my favorite ten inch loaded cabs. Two of them with a bridged PLX3002 covered every situation, even outdoor gigs. Enjoy. :hyper: