Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Metallica bassist?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Stu hamm rules!, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Who do you think it should be? my vote goes to david ellefson (megadeth)

2. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Naaa not dave from megadeath! Megadeath is still putting out good music! Metallica hasnt for years! So i wouldnt take someone like dave and put them in a band that has obviously crapped out on us! Iam not a big metal guy but i can tell you that dave is a better bass player than jason newsted by far! He has always had great tone and you can here him! If metallica keeps doing the crap they are doing now then lets get fieldy in there! hehe

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Megadeth is on a hiatus, due to Dave Mustaine's illness, so it might be a possibility.

But Dave Ellefson is too much of a band manager to be just a bass slave to the Masters Hetfield and Ulrich.

4. what do you think will happen to megadeth, they are my fave band so it totally sucks what has happened. I rekon either david ellefson should make his own band (where he isn't a slave) or 'deth should continue with a new guitarist and dave singing (though he is the riffmaster) maybe they could just tour the old songs once more like that...

5. EEbass04

EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO
    It could make some sense for Dave to be the new bassist since Mustaine no longer has a working fretting hand, but I don't think he's the man for the job(I think James and Lars feel the same way). Anyway Jason can definetly be heard, someone obviously doesn't actually listen to the music if you don't hear Jason. $.02

6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I really don't think that David Ellefson was a "slave" to Dave Mustaine, considering the fact that he "co-founded" the band. I have the distinct feeling that the relationship between "the Daves" is a lot like the relationship between Hetfield and Ulrich.

As far as a replacement bassist for Big M, I don't think you will ever see one. I think it's session and touring bassists from here on out for Lars and Co.

That's just my opinion, but of course, I could be wrong.

7. i meant slave to metallica if he went there (he is no way a slave to dave mustaine) some one else said he would become a slave if made the move. Whatever david does, good luck to him.

8. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    He should get in touch with Nick and Marty and start something with them.

Now, who could they get as a singer?

9. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Ohh i can here jason ok but its just the mix the guys make him use that sucks! I think you will find others here that will agree with that!~ .02