New metallica song sample

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Casey C., Jul 29, 2002.

1. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    There's a video of the party they had on their website and they played a portion of a new song titled "Dead Kennedy Rolls" towards the end of the video. It starts around 5:30 into the video.

Tell me what you guys think. It's catchy. I think I like it.
  2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I can hear it, but no video.

The first little bit, which i think is the verse, the palm muted bit, is pretty dull, but the part at 6:04 is cool, but jaymz'z voice sounds sorta, dull and rough.
  3. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    He's getting to be an old man, that's why. I kinda liked his voice after load. But now its getting to be bad.
  4. What the hell is with this "Jaymz" crap?! I can't stand when people feel the need to spell something wrong on purpose (i.e. "KoRn", "Bizkit", "Mudd", "Staind", etc.). Why is it always the metal bands/metal band fans that are illiterate? ;)
  5. SixString

Jul 20, 2002
    He signs his name Jaymz all metallica fans refer to him as that spelling
  6. PeninaD

May 26, 2001
    Jaymz is how he signs everything...thousands of times he has done it. Seems he likes us to use it too.
    The bass was played by Bob Rock, their producer...still no permanent replacement for Jason Newsted announced. So far, Bob is laying down the bass-lines in the studio too.
    This was recorded in their new studio during a party, surrounded by a total of about 150 folks (126 invited guests, folks from Metallica Club HQ, and techies) There was no vocal warm-ups as would be before recording or a big gig.
    Jaymz is 39, just turned is August 3rd. That is not old (better not be, I just turned it the week before, and I've been carded recently!!!)