Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Michael Manring solo CD?

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by MKS, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Hi Michael,

Do you have an ETA for your new solo CD? I was under the impression that it was nearing completion...

I'm looking forward to it very much. What will it be like? More of the "Book of flame" type of stuff or a little more like Attention Deficit? What is the split of ensemble stuff and purely solo material?

All the best,
    Mike

2. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    Not to answer for Michael, but last time I spoke with him it was all solo pieces... from what little I heard, it sounded great.

Looking forward to it!

3. Widener

Widener

Nov 21, 2004
    Aptos, CA
    I really love your solo stuff, man.

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I think he mentions it in my Manring Christmas thread I recall him saying that its mainly solo pieces.

I can't wait

5. Widener

Widener

Nov 21, 2004
    Aptos, CA
    I can't wait, either!

If it's an art holdup issue, I do graphic design for a living, including album work, and I'd be willing to layout the whole thing for free, just so I can hear the album that much sooner!

6. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much, guys. The CD is called Soliloquy and it is indeed, all solo pieces without overdubs. I very much appreciate your offer to help, Widener, but it’s at the designer’s now and hopefully he’ll finish it up quickly. I apologize for taking so long. Things have been a bit hectic lately!