1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Mike Lull in

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by laneline, Mar 13, 2008.

1. laneline

laneline Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2006
    North Jersey
    Finally got my new Lull, it's one Mike's first basses to be Pleked, I've had a lot of gear go thru my hands, this is the best P bass I've ever owned, completely blowin' me away! I wanted a 60's vibe 5 string active P/J & Mike just freakin' nailed it. Mike, Roger & crew are incredible.

CIMG1137.
    CIMG1138.
    CIMG1146.

2. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    AMAZING!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MINE TO COME IN NOW!!!! THAT IS AWESOME! What pre-amp and such?

Mine will be like yours except with 70's j placement, OBP-1 Pre and Trans Black finish.

Congrats man!

3. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Not to be ignorant; Pleked?

4. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    Not a huge Lull fan but I LOVE THE PJ setup!

VERY Nice!

5. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    Mike's got a new machine in the shop that uses voodoo magic to automatically dress the frets of an instrument. It's called a Plek machine.

6. laneline

Aug 18, 2006
    North Jersey
    Thanks, It's after 2 :am I just put it down, on this one I got the Aguilar OBP 2 band w/cut /boost, I like it way better than just boost, I sent my Brazil Roswd back to Mike when I had a Ag obp 1 & put in Bart 2band w/cut /boost ,the Agi can get deeper, it's an Alder body chambered, and Mikes pup's made by Seymour Duncan, it also has a passive tone control. You are going to freak with the Plek, it's sick, it's alive I tell you! Sorry I told you it's after 2 , a long day. It sucks waiting but you won't remember when you get it. Later , Rick

7. laneline

Aug 18, 2006
    North Jersey
    Thanks, if you ever get a chance to play a pleked Lull you might change your mind, is Nordstrand pleked? Although my '05 Amber isn't pleked & it's killer also. Mike nails the vintage tone I want with modern upgrades. I'll probably take the '05 into NY to Peekamoose as it's too much of a hassle to ship back and forth to the west coast, not to mention the cost factor. Rick

8. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    wow, those are both very nice. I'm jealous.

9. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Like Rachel Ray would say: Delish!

10. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Man, sounds great. I was aiming for a more 70's tone with the J and a regular P. It is Ash body. Man, I cannot wait.

11. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    Looks beautiful, man! I love the figuring on the ash.

I have ALWAYS wanted to try a Lull - I hear such great things on playability. Maybe someday.....

12. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Congrats, laneline! :bassist:

Mike recently ran my M5V through the Plek machine, -very nice fret job. :cool: