Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Mindless Self Indulgence - You'll Rebel to Anything.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Very good, if you know they band you know what they do, and this follows. It's not a boring rehash, but there are no surprise changes to the style either. There is a cover of Tom Sawyer on here that fans of MSI wil love and Rush fans will hate. Liking both bands, it works great for me. Anyway, if you like Frankenstein Girls... you will no doubt like this album.

2. ColdYinTiger

ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Damn you! I cant afford to buy cd's now! I need the quirky insanity. Dog Fashion Disco can only suffice for so long. Have you heard any of their really old stuff? It wasn't goofy.. Same sound, but normal lyrics.

3. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    i saw them in concert last night.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'll check it out. I liked Tight and Frankenstien Girls well enough.

5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Cool. Haven't heard it yet. I'm sure I'll get it sooner or later.

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Also, if you buy this and have it in a changer, make sure to take it out when your wife's mom is over. :D

7. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    i love this album. it's more structured than the FSGWSSS. and the album art is great.

unfortunately, i'm not going to make it to any of the florida shows over the next 3 days... saw them in 2003 and it was nice. i'd love to see them perform the new tracks though

8. oh man dog fashion, they ****in own, jsut had to get that in there. i'm stillo n the edge about this album, theres some tracks i like and some i hate, all in all i htink its much tighter sounding than they're last albums. but i think tom sawyer is horrible :bag: and i'm not a rush fan haha

9. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Thanks for the advise. Her reply...."What the #%@* is that? Is That music?" :eyebrow: :p

10. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I've been waiting on them to release some new stuff. Most people hate it, but I can't seem to get enough. I love odd music o_O.