Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Mitsubishi Ad Song

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Boplicity, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Mitsubishi has done it again. I guess they had so much success making Dirty Vegas famous by using them in an ad, they now have another cool song for their small SUV advertisement. Also, the ad is actually better than the one with the girl dancing in the car. It is more interesting with a shaved headed young man driving with a series of different passengers.

Anyhoo, the song says something like "Breathe. Believe." It is a similar techno dance style to the Dirty Vegas song. Anyone know who made this one?

2. submelodic

submelodic

Feb 7, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    "Breathe" by Telepopmusik :cool:

3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Mitsubishi has better A&R people than the record labels. I don't know if it's helping them sell cars, but it's doing wonders for artists' careers.

4. Boplicity

Thank you, Submelodic. I'll check that out at AMazon.com or CDNow. I really like the song. Christopher, I totally agree with you. Mitsubishi's ad agency has some visionaries who are certainly cutting edge when it comes to music.

But, by the way, I have been surprised lately to see Toyota getting in on the music act too. They have one ad of a Camry crossing a suspension bridge. I swear the music is Nine Inch Nails or similar! I had no idea Camry could be so enlightened.

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    The little blurb sticker on the Dirty Vegas CD even touts this fact. "FEATURING: Something something and the "WITHOUT YOU" MITSUBISHI REMIX!"

6. ...that commercial goes neck and neck with "zoom zoom" for the worst car commercial, ever.

(don't mean to sound so negative but its true!)

7. There's a lot of car adverts with really good music on them at the moment. For example, there's a Nissan Primera advert over here with Portishead's Numb playing.

Why is it that advetising agencies have better taste in music than record companies?

8. Boplicity

My guess would be that record company execs have allowed the pursuit of profits to outweigh any desire to find and promote truly interesting and novel music. Instead they stick with formulaic, tried and true music, just as many movie companies also do...hence so many sequels and prequels, many of them lame.

I've been finding some really interesting, even experiemental music at the AOL radio station on their electronic music channel. You hardly ever hear that music on radio and certainly not on MTV or VH-1. Also many of the artists featured are hard to find on Amazon.com or CDNow or in record stores.

9. Maybe a good idea would be for the ads to credit the artist in the commercial, like something down in the corner of the screen, like an MTV video. I agree, i do hear some interesting stuff behind some of those ads that I don't recognize.

Anyone notice the Pontiac ads that are using James Brown's "Get Up Like a Sex Machine"? I have my doubts that driving a Pontiac will make anyone a Sex Machine, but, hey, the song is a classic anyway.