1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Mock Turtle Regulator track

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, May 4, 2002.

1. http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/227/the_mock_turtle_regulator.html

"Advanced Maths Blues".

a multiple-bass comedy track documenting the suffering of A-level Maths students.
    it's a sort of parody of the "Get Carter" theme:D

I decided to leave all the timing errors/flubbed notes on the main acoustic bassline in, given the humorous nature of the track:p

2. there's another new track up now too- "the search for Rico Alvirez".

starts out as a bass + drums thing with wah, then goes ambient, with me doing a sort of private detective narration over it.

3. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Awesome!

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    That was damn cool!

5. :) thanks guys.

I'm working on a few other tracks too- I might do more narrations- in a more authentic English accent this time, though:oops:

6. 2 more new tracks up now-

"Doin' great"- my Eko hollowbody bass supplying a tubby old-school bass tone over a hip-hop drum loop.
    plus lots of blues guitar fills sampled off an old tape of my big brother.

"Fluxivity" - another all-bass ambient track with my Hohner TWP600B defretted acoustic providing the main bassline- Warmoth P providing multi-tracked volume swell distorted intro and twin harmony delayed lines, DeArmond doing the wobbly tremolo/phased chordal lines and distorted end.