Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Mock Turtle Regulator track

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, May 4, 2002.

1. http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/227/the_mock_turtle_regulator.html

"Advanced Maths Blues".

a multiple-bass comedy track documenting the suffering of A-level Maths students.
    it's a sort of parody of the "Get Carter" theme:D

I decided to leave all the timing errors/flubbed notes on the main acoustic bassline in, given the humorous nature of the track:p

2. there's another new track up now too- "the search for Rico Alvirez".

starts out as a bass + drums thing with wah, then goes ambient, with me doing a sort of private detective narration over it.

3. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Awesome!

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    That was damn cool!

5. :) thanks guys.

I'm working on a few other tracks too- I might do more narrations- in a more authentic English accent this time, though:oops:

6. 2 more new tracks up now-

"Doin' great"- my Eko hollowbody bass supplying a tubby old-school bass tone over a hip-hop drum loop.
    plus lots of blues guitar fills sampled off an old tape of my big brother.

"Fluxivity" - another all-bass ambient track with my Hohner TWP600B defretted acoustic providing the main bassline- Warmoth P providing multi-tracked volume swell distorted intro and twin harmony delayed lines, DeArmond doing the wobbly tremolo/phased chordal lines and distorted end.