new mod for my dean

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by simic, Oct 6, 2005.

1. simic

Oct 6, 2005
    I have a dean rhapsody (either q4 or bb4--not sure)that has a dean 3d active 3 band eq, and two emg hz pickups. For reasons being (at the fault of a freind) I need to replace the Eq system, but I want to upgrade the pickups - ups as well. I am looking for a really dirt sound with lots of bottom end--I was looking about using two of the 35dc's with EMG's BQS eq system, but I have a lot of questions. If it helps I play out of an SVT 4pro amp.
    Will this give me a noticable upgrade worth my money?
    Will this mean I will have to rig up 3 9 volt batteries? (one for each pickup and one for the eq)
    Is the BQS any better than the dean's stock 3d?
    Shoulkd I look at adding an internal pr-amp?
    Where can I buy the 35dc's without having to buy the whole kit (the new eq comes with everything I need)?
    Should I consider the standard kit for the 35 dc and add an exb, b - 30eq, or b - 64eq?
    Will this even work?

What would you suggest (other brands, not upgrading the hz's etc. etc)?

Ah hell, I have been researching the hell out of this, but my head is spinning, please help me out. Thanks
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I am pretty sure you could run the EMG's with the Dean pre, but if you wanted to upgrade, it would sure be an improvement. Also, the whole system can run on one 9 volt battery.
  3. simic

Oct 6, 2005
    You think the 35dc's with the emg bqc would be my best way of improving the sound (with reasonable spending)?