Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new moderator

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by pkr2, Sep 17, 2000.

1. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Hey, Hambone. Just noticed that you are the new moderator. Thanks for taking the job. A better choice I can't think of.

I just realized this post may off topic. I might be the first post you have to move. :) :)

2. LOL! Yours is the first post that I will use my Solomonic wisdom on...eeny, meeny, miny, moh...Nope! you get to stay.

Seriously, thanx for the vote of confidence. Notice how I waited till all of the others were taken, then I took the easy one. Jes do as I say and no one will get hurt :)

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Expect a packet containing world domination plans and pictures of Al Gore and George W. In a compromising position in the next few days. Oh, and we'll also give you the real number for 911;)...

Will C.:cool:

4. Man, I hope they are still including the $5.00 off coupon for the bikini wax!

World Domination huh? I can't even get my kid to do what I tell him.

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, hammy, welcome to the ranks.

6. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Well it's not just the coupon, Ham, but who we send to actually perform the wax for ya. We'll inform you of the committee's decision in a few days.

Chris A.:rolleyes:

BTW, congrats!

7. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    And another poor, innocent person joins our little house of horrors! :) Seriously though, welcome to the team!

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Big Wheel-

You know posting OFFICIAL MODERATOR correspondence in an open forum is an offense punishible by.........BIKINI WAXING! :eek: And for good measure, you have to wash all the other moderator's cars for a year, once a week. Starting with the new dude's: lucky you Hambone, Will will be over first thing tomorrow morning. ;)

Seriously though Hammy, welcome to the club and don't bite on any of JT's questions about setting up double neck boat anchors (especially the Acme ones) hee hee.....:D

9. Gee, I thought that what John meant by "setup" was to put it back in it's stand!

Chris, I can think of a few choice candidates but...wait a minute, someones at the door...

WHO IS IT?

OHMIGOD!!!(extremely pale look across my face)

It's...it's...RICHARD SIMMONS:eek:

Thanx anyway for the warm welcome :)

[Edited by Hambone on 09-18-2000 at 07:19 PM]

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Hammy -

...somehow I think Mr. Simmons is gonna enjoy this a LOT more than you are..... :D

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey! that "boat anchor (nudge nudge, wink wink) is my SECRET WEAPON of WORLD DOMINATION!! all part of my SUPER GENIUS plan to RULE THE WORLD! so, like, ixsnay on the ubleneckday.

:D

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    WOW JT!! It really does all that in addition to keeping your boat from moving once you get somewhere you want to stay? ;)

13. I know the real number!!! it´s 912!! :) now everyone can see it!!!

Ham: U better do a good job at moderating.. :)

14. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    You mean there's a place where we can post "Official Moderator Correspondence"?

Gard, I don't think you want me waxing anything on anyone.:eek:

As far as washing cars, I'll do it if you pay my plane fare and provide the room and board. Heck I'm just glad It's car washing, not setting up all Moderators' basses. I'd have to spend a Year at JT's place!

15. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA

16. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California

These quoting threads are getting really long. I wonder how long they can get?

Gard, I have been a moderator longer than you. I guess the newbies need the Omnirings (See, I even refer to them by name:D). They are training wheels for inexperienced moderators. :D By the way, if they are that powerful, why would you need cars at all?

I'm willing have anything of mine waxed, as long as it's done by the firm Anderson Lee, Smith & Berry. Pamela, Anna Nicole and Halle have hands that came from heaven (although I hear that Pam's husband's breath comes straight from Satan's bottom)

As far as not being one of the "Chosen", well, I was chosen to moderate four forums (count 'em:D) and If you and John need help moderating Off Topic, I'll be glad to assist you. after all, Moderating half a forum can be taxing for those who need the Omnirings:D

17. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Ouch! Dat last one musta hoit!

Chris A.:rolleyes:
    Moderator of 2 forums!

18. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA