Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Modulus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by James reeve5, Aug 4, 2003.

1. It is in transit... from PB Tony to me!

Here are the specs:

Walnut top
    Aguilar OBP3
    Satin Body and Neck

I'll post a review when I get it.

2. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    That's nice.
    Congrats.

3. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    that's nice...
    i love walnut.
    i love the obp-3

congratulations...

try to get some sound clips up! :)

4. MMmmm walnut.

5. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Very Nice, Enjoy

6. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    You should love this bass. I'd love to have the walnut. Modulus basses are the best I've played (personal preference of course).:)

7. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Fabulous bass...you're gonna love it!!!

8. JWBass

JWBass

Jul 20, 2001
    Levittown, PA
    Did you say a Satin neck finish? I didn't think the Graphite composite necks had a satiun finish. No matter, nothing plays like a Modulus. I've had mine for 10 years and it sounds as clean and sharp today as the day it was new.

9. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Yep....Modulus makes this on option on all basses.
    Check this link out to see the one I'm selling...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=95394

James reeve5,

Nice bass!

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Dragonbass,

You're a dealer.

Stop Spamming TalkBass with your wares.

You'll be hearing from Paul.

11. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    I WAS a Dealer....I am no longer a dealer for Any company...I am only looking to sell what ever I have in stock! The Business has closed.

Am I still not allowed to post my basses here or what!:confused:

I'm looking forward to hear from Paul!

12. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    figured walnut with the satin neck option

13. floydman

floydman Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2002
    southeast CT
    i think i need a sqeeegee...those walnut tops are gorgeous. congrats James that looks absolutely amazing.

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    That is awesome. I love natural wood basses.

15. Ok. So I have had this bass for 3 days now, and this is the most unmodulus bass I have ever played. After previously owning a Flea 4, I was looking to rid myself of some of that graphite sizzle, so I went with the walnut, and the OBP3. These things give this bass an incredibly thick sound, and it has a much more natural vibe to it. The OBP3 has great flexiblity, and the satin finish is a dream to play.

16. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
  17. i hope u enjoy it. modulus basses are a dream to own. i love everything from cleaning it to playing. but out of concern ive started to noticed subtle lacks in quality in the 03 and 04 models then with the older ones. my serial number 10980. whats ures? all the ones ive seen about 15000 or so have had little things like the neck pocket not cut just right for the neck and things like that. minor, but cause for concern i belive. i hope modulus isnt loosing its touch.......

18. i bet its really nice. modulus basses are a dream to own and maintain. ive run across newer models, particularly ones with serial numbers closer to 20000 or more. my serial is 10980 and i have no imperfections other then some belt scratches and minor dings. but on the newer ones, ive noticed the neck pockets arent cut just perfect liek the onlder ones or other minor imperfections such as that. just enjoy it though.........i hope ures doenst suffer from minor imperfections.

19. sorry about the double post. i lost one of them and didnt think it posted no big deal though. sorry guys

20. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    Ok, I guess I'll show mine off also :D Bought it new from ThePerfectBass.com and got it 3 days ago ;)

If your looking for a new Modulus you might want to check them out ... I got a VERY good deal :)