1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New MONO Products Now On Our Site!

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Aug 18, 2012.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I just finished adding the new Vertigo cases and the Tick to our website. You can now find the grey and black versions of both of products in the Mono Cases category.

You may have noticed that the Mono straps are no longer in there. That's because I created a separate Mono Straps category that now contains both the "long" and "short" versions of the Betty strap. The single Mono category was looking a little cluttered with all that and the cases, so I did a little cleaning up. :rollno::D

While I have your attention, here's a quick refresher on how we work with Mono. In general, we do not stock every product they offer. We usually rely on Mono to drop ship for us, so the products come to you straight from their warehouse in CA. That usually works out great, except when Mono doesn't have something in stock. Wait times can be as bad as 1-2 months sometimes. Regardless of Mono's inventory status, my website always says the item is in stock. That's misleading and confusing (sorry!!!), but it's just the way it is. So if you want to grab a Mono product from me and you're in a hurry... you might want to ask me about it first. I can always tell you whether a) I have it in stock or B) Mono has it in stock.

Lastly, a note about the Tick. It's a neat little add-on bag that can attach to newer Mono cases. At some point, Mono started adding three D-Rings to the outside of all of their cases. These D-Rings are necessary if you want to clip the Tick to your Mono case (or you'll have to come up with your own solution). Here's a quick way to check if your Mono case is ready to hold The Tick. There's a single D-Ring on the top of the bag as shown below, and there are also two other D-Rings on the sides of the case.

5189-RINGS-LG.

2. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    Dang, I wasn’t even aware of the ‘Tick’. I checked my bag and found I’m equipped if I ever need/want one.

Mark

3. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Lucky you, Mark! My double M80 case doesn't have the clips. :bawl:

4. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Thanks Greg, I am happy to be part of the spark that created this thread. Question: Does the Vertigo have decent storage space in terms of pockets? I see the headstock pockets are gone (compared to the M80); do you think the new model has adequate pocket storage space? The top loading feature is nice, although for me not a deal changer. I may be interested in either model..

5. FWIW. I ordered a Vertigo and a Tick. I'll have a full report soon.

6. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Given! :bassist:

Many Thanks!

7. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    You know what? I never used the pocket up by the headstock on the M80 until very recently. I recently started carrying around several books with my bass all the time so I can study/practice wherever my bass happens to be, so I finally put my set of tools up by the headstock to get them out of the way now that I'm in and out of the big pocket all the time.

So I guess it depends on how much you feel the need for that top pocket? I could live without it, but I've grown to like it. And I'm in the same boat as Todd, who I believe mentioned that he "top loads" with the M-80. I've been doing that since Day 1 with no real problems. The Vertigo seems to make that even easier, but I can't speak to that until I see one.

8. Doesn't everyone 'top load?' The only time any of my bags are ever horizontal is when they're in the car. The Vertigo should make this concept easier to execute, but I don't see the process itself being any different.

For many years I carried an extra bag - the Mesa Boogie gig bag, FWIW. Great bag. Held real books, tools, stand lights, power strip & extension cord, etc. Well, on easily 90% of my gigs, the bag was never opened....except maybe for the power strip and stand light. (The iPhone handles the rare need for the real books.) So, my goal has been to leave that bag at home. It's a tight fit now, but I'm thinking the Tick should solve that. My only minor concern is with the extension cord, but I've got 24' between the amp power cord and surge strip.

I'm looking very forward to trying out the goodies. My next step may seem drastic by comparison....after nearly 20 years, I'm considering a new instrument strap. Gasp!

9. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Hold that thought. :ninja:

:D

God Bless, Ray

10. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    In my top pocket, I have biz cards, multi tool, flashlight, ear plugs, extra batteries, and usually my Zoom windsock. In the main pocket I have two straps (I really need to add Dunlop straplocks to my Rob Allen...), ipad, set list, and truss rod tools. Since I'm all iPad based these days I don't need as big of a main pocket for stuff so I've been quite happy with my M80 double. I almost never go out and gig with only one instrument so my single bags get little use other than storing one of my Monarchs (not enough stands in the studio). I have an old Protec that I use for those rare one-instrument hits. It has a bigger front pocket but lets the bass ramble around inside so I'm not as much of a fan of it any more and likely will get rid of it. I bought an RB Continental specifically for flyaway gigs (which are rare for me). That bag seems really tough and like it could withstand getting stuffed into the baggage compartment if it was denied carry-on. But otherwise I'm not crazy about it. I used it Sun for a gig (my own wedding actually) and three things about it drive me nuts: rides to high (shoulder strap attachment points aren't right imho), the neck retention system is so-so, and the biggest issue - it only has one zipper pull on the main compartment so you have to zip all the way around to open and close whereas with the M80 you have two zippers.

Greg, are you going to carry the carry bags? Some guys really like the Producer for carrying micro head, cables, etc. I've got a Pelican case for rough trips, but my soft bag leaves a few things to be desired.

11. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I really "carry" everything MONO offers, in the sense that I'm able to order it all and have anything dropped shipped anywhere. I don't list everything on my site only because I'm lazy. I'm the guy who codes up the individual products, so I'd just need to spend half a day grabbing/formatting pictures and adding details the my website... or I can just say... call me! :)

12. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yeah, but for those of us who hate making phone calls.......Hell, I hate it so much, I flew down there to pay off my last bass!

13. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    You can PM me, Ryan. Everyone else has to call.

LOL. :D

14. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    I like the extra protection from the boot on the bottom. Might be worth buying.If you can send any feedback to Mono - a Pedaltrain mini-sized pedalboard case in their new series of cases would be very cool. Not sure why they skipped that size as I see those boards more than the other sizes and it's the worst case that Pedaltrain makes.

15. nostatic

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    yeah, what's up with that? The tick fits the nano and they have the Jr and bigger ones. But the Mini, which is an ideal size and has only one option from PT (the unpadded soft case) doesn't get made. Odd.

16. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

I purchased a Vertigo last week from Rocket; ordered it at lunch time. It was sitting on my front porch at 6:45 the next morning......that was quick. I was kinda bummed that there is no small pocket at the top of the bag, and the "tick" seems a bit large for my needs; may end up getting one though. Kewl case, fits my Lakland like a glove. Thanks guys!

17. ^ Nice! The beauty of being so close to Mono's warehouse, huh? I appreciate the feedback - you've kind of settled what I was wondering about with the Tick vs. a useable top pocket. I'm anxious to play around to see what works. The never-ending goal of gig-hopping with the least amount of stuff that offers everything I need.

18. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

fogot to mention.....I'm in East central Iowa. Yeah I wish they offered a smaller TICK.....just need some room for business cards, tools and picks. The front pouch has room for a "real" book" and cord; not as roomy as my friends M80.

19. nostatic

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    The tick fits a PT Nano so it is *way* bigger than any top pocket would be. It should make up for the smaller main pocket on the Monos but the form factor may not be ideal depending on how you wrap your cables.

Not that any of us spend time thinking about how we wrap/pack cables :D

20. nostatic

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    ok, a plug for some more Mono gear. Greg hooked me up with the Mono Producer bag. I'd been interested in this for awhile, as my current soft case for amp head and cables doesn't have a lot of padding and is already starting to get tired. Here are some shots with some gear in it. I put the head in the laptop sleeve (it is a single rack unit height head), took out one of the dividers in the main section so the 15' extension cord would fit along with a pair of speaker cables. Then the other part of that section has power strip and power cable. The side pockets could easily fit a pair of Boss sized pedals plus some stuff (on pedal is shown in there). The front pockets hold my H4n, mini tripod, and other backup cables. There is a sleeve on the back for papers as well. Handle is nicely padded and firm. Construction is top-notch.

mp1.

mp2.

mp3.

mp4.

mp5.